PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer Window

Peter Stahl
02-15-2005, 7:29 AM
I have what seems like a wierd IE problem. When I click on my IE icon to start IE it usually opens to a Maximized window that fills the screen. Now when I open it, it doesn't fill the screen at the top. Seems to be the only program that is doing that. Not sure what's going on. I checked the Properties and it still shows that it is set at Maximized. If I click the Minimize/Maximize button in the upper right corner of the window to the left of the X (close button) it will go to minimize.

Pete

Jeff Sudmeier
02-15-2005, 8:13 AM
Peter, if you minimize the window, then maximize it, does it fill the screen? I have had that problem as well and minimizing then maximizing the window worked.

Ted Shrader
02-15-2005, 8:56 AM
Peter -

You can also go to the edges and drag them to the size you want. Once you get it to display as you like (Jeff's method, too), close the window with the X and re-open it. Also, how long has it been since you rebooted your computer? They need a slap every now and then.

Ted

Peter Stahl
02-15-2005, 10:13 AM
Jeff & Ted,

Thanks for the reply's. I deleted all my cookies and rebooted. It didn't seem to change anything still got the same not a full window when maximized. Someone else has used it since and now it's back to normal. Maybe they used the X to close the window where I don't, I right click at the taskbar on the bottom and hit Close. Thanks for you help, hope it stays this way now.

Pete

Peter Stahl
02-15-2005, 12:46 PM
Well I thought it was ok now but it's back doing it again. I measured how much it stops short at the top and it's approx. 3/4". Monitor is a 17", height of the screen is approx. 9-1/2". Any other program I open seems to be ok, window opens full screen. It's just the IE window doing this.

Pete