PDA

View Full Version : Chris Schwarz - Selling Off More Hand Tools

David Keller NC
07-06-2011, 10:57 AM
All - This was mentioned in another SMC thread, but it was buried deeply, so I thought I'd post a notice to ensure that the free-for-all for Chris' tools gets even more competitive and frustrating for everyone involved. :D

He's listing them on his Lost Art Press blog site. Generally, all tools sell within 3-5 minutes of posting, so this may best left for retired persons that can repeatedly monitor his site for updates by refreshing their web browser, or for those sophisticated enough to set up a page-change e-mail or instant messenger notice.

Enjoy!

Zahid Naqvi
07-06-2011, 11:35 AM
I got a Clifton shoulder plane from him long time ago, not sure if he had posted it here on SMC or woodnet.

Tony Zaffuto
07-06-2011, 3:42 PM
But the problem is, whenever he mentioned a tool that he liked, we all went out and bought it! He has no market, since we already have all of those tools!

Jerome Hanby
07-06-2011, 3:46 PM
So does that mean there will be a bunch of these tools on the used market as everybody that bought them because he did sells them because he is?

But the problem is, whenever he mentioned a tool that he liked, we all went out and bought it! He has no market, since we already have all of those tools!

john brenton
07-06-2011, 3:56 PM
Get ready for a deluge of "langdon miter boxes" and moldy "Scioto works" wooden jack planes. I actually have one of those that I use for a tobacco pipe holder...I missed the boat on selling it. Had I but known!!!!!!!

george wilson
07-06-2011, 7:29 PM
I haven't kept up with this. WHY is he selling his tools? He is still going to work wood isn't he?

Joel Goodman
07-06-2011, 7:33 PM
I haven't kept up with this. WHY is he selling his tools? He is still going to work wood isn't he?

He says he is downsizing to one wood shop -- I guess he had one at the magazine and one at home previously.