PDA

View Full Version : mirka MKMR-34, Mirka 3 in.x 4 in.Orbital Finishing Sander?

mike vance828
07-06-2011, 1:31 AM
Has anyone got experience with this sander? I've googled and been unable to find any reviews. I LOVE their paper especially the Abranet. I've used PC 5" ROS and PC pad sander. Although I'm generally pleased, after much sanding, the vibration gets to me. I'm really looking for a good finsihing pad sander. Maybe a PC Speedblock?

The Mirka is an air sander (got plenty of compressor). Most of my work is cabinet. Finish quality is a priority so a quality sander is a must.

Mirka is advertising it for $150 (vs $199 retail). I have not used air sanders so I'm wondering if lowering the air pressure decreases aggressiveness.

TIA.

michael gates
07-06-2011, 7:29 AM
The Mirka may be nice, I dont know, What I do know for sure is the Dynabrade is the king! Almost every major manufacturer uses them.They are the industry standard. I bought one and it is easy to see why they are so popular. I don't ever use my Festool sanders since I got the Dynabrade. It is faster and provides better quality results. Mine has a vac hook up, I have it hooked up to my festool vac and it creates very little dust.