PDA

View Full Version : Part for a No. 78 SW

John Dingman
02-14-2005, 9:52 PM
I have a Stanley No. 78 that I got on ebay last year and I need the rod that the fence mounts on. If anyone has one of those that they could spare, would you please let me know.

Thanks!
John

Dave Anderson NH
02-15-2005, 6:40 AM
John- All you need to do is buy a length of the appropriate diameter O-1 drill rod from MSC or McMaster-Carr, cut it to length and chamfer the ends. Make both the long and the short sets-- total cost $2-3 plus shipping.

Louis Bois
02-15-2005, 7:24 AM
Good advice Dave...I did the same thing for short rods on a 45 I scavenged, as well as a depth stop rod for a 71 router plane...and I've still got some rod leftover...somewhere...

John Dingman
02-15-2005, 11:15 AM
John- All you need to do is buy a length of the appropriate diameter O-1 drill rod from MSC or McMaster-Carr, cut it to length and chamfer the ends. Make both the long and the short sets-- total cost $2-3 plus shipping.Dave, does the rod need to be threaded on the end that goes into the plane bed? And if so, what thread pattern?

Thanks,
John

Andrew Haynes
02-15-2005, 5:20 PM
John, Stanley still sells parts for the No 78. Just down load an order form from their web site and mail it with a check. They are not the quickest in the world, I think it took a month and a half to get parts the last time I ordered some.

Hope this helps
Andy