PDA

View Full Version : Walnut desk stuff.....

Michael James
07-03-2011, 7:52 PM
I was comissioned to do a "plaque" for a neighbor's wife. He wanted something special but didn't know what that was. Soooooooo....... deskplate and pen from the same beautiful chunk of walnut I found locally. and the paperclip closed form is from some black walnut.

Obviously the pics are not the best with the red hues of the table contaminating the pieces, but I did want to get a pic before they went home. I oiled the wood with BLO so they match really well.
I noticed how dry the inside of the paperclip cup looked so I added some lemon oil...... smells nice too! Also, on the next one I will lower the magnet some too..... it's a trade out. Wear on wood or looks?

Thanks,
Michael
ps - The clock is obviously reversible if one wanted to put that at the "customer" end of the desk. In my line of work I don't leave throwables there....:cool:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/misc/pencil.png

John Keeton
07-03-2011, 8:10 PM
MJ, that is really very well done! The layout and proportions are great, and the walnut is very, very nice. That paper clip holder deserves a better pic - looks sweet. I think the magnet makes a pretty neat collar.

Nate Davey
07-03-2011, 8:10 PM
That came out nicely Michael, a very nice addition to any desk. When we move out, i'll be bringing some walnut

Jim Burr
07-03-2011, 8:50 PM
Pretty spiffy dude!! So you hide in the shadow of flatwork I see?! Well done and if it's not well received...send it here!

David E Keller
07-03-2011, 10:22 PM
That's cool, MJ! That's a pretty piece of walnut that you used as the base, and the turned items compliment it nicely.

Bernie Weishapl
07-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Those came out really nice MJ. Can't beat walnut for sure. Paper clip holder looks really nice.