PDA

View Full Version : Dust Collection on a Grizz 0605X

Greg Bender
07-02-2011, 9:39 PM
Every time I change the blade on my Grizz-12" TS I notice that the shroud is full of sawdust and the hose is clogged.Has anybody done any mods to fix / improve the DC on this saw. I love the saw but the dust collection through the blade shroud really is worthless.It looks to be about 2.5 inch hose so it really should not clog so easy. Looking forward to seeing what anybody has to say about it.
Greg

Rod Sheridan
07-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Hi Greg, my Hammer saw has a 50mm hose on the above blade guard and it's great.

Do you have enough airflow at the hood?

Regards, Rod.

Greg Bender
07-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Rod,
I'm guessing that no I don't have good flow.The saw has a setup where there is a 4" hookup on the outside of the saw and inside ,down in the V there is a bracket that has a 2.5" ring that holds the 2.5 in the middle of the 4" tube if that makes any sense at all.the 2.5" is not a sealed connection and I only have a 1.5hp Delta DC so I'm not flowwing huge numbers to start with. I was hoping that somebody had created a way to make two seperate connections for the 4" and the 2.5" so the smaller one would be sealed.We will patiently wait to see if anybody has solved this design flaw.
Greg

Rod Sheridan
07-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Hi Greg, mine has a 120mm cabinet connection that takes a 120mm hose to the bottom of the blade shroud (inside the cabinet).

Mine also has a 50mm connection supplied by a second hose from my collector for the above blade shroud............Rod.

Greg Bender
07-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Rod,
I'm sure if I could or had a 4.75" hose to my lower blade shroud it would be less apt to clog although I still think my airflow would still be insufficient. I need to improve my hose connnection at the base of the cabinet on the saw.I need two seperate hoses running to the cabinet and another one to the shroud with less sharp bends.
Greg