PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream Scoops

Jon Lanier
07-02-2011, 8:47 PM
Working on the inventory. A few Ice Cream Scoops finished. One handle is what I call the, Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla Ice Cream Scoop. The woods are: Paduak, Wenge & Maple.

The other is just a simple Cherry.

Marty Eargle
07-02-2011, 8:49 PM
Very nice. Personally, I like the Cherry one best.

Though I could never give up my ice cream scoop with anti-freeze in the handle. Even the hardest ice cream is like butter with that thing.

Scott Hackler
07-02-2011, 8:54 PM
Jon I really like the segmented handle! That pattern works well.

Greg Just
07-02-2011, 9:27 PM
I like both. Very nice. Where did you get the scoup?

Steve Schlumpf
07-02-2011, 9:50 PM
I like the variety Jon! Should prove to be big sellers! Good luck!

John Keeton
07-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Jon, the cherry is nice, and perhaps my favorite of the two. However, the segmented one really has a party character to it - sort of a soda fountain Retro look. Great job!

David E Keller
07-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Those are nice, Jon! If these are the scoops from the IAP classifieds, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the quality and how they hold up to use. Nicely done!

Jim Burr
07-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Ha!! Those are crazy Jon!! I want some soft serve just looking at 'em!

Jon Lanier
07-04-2011, 12:03 AM
David, I hate to say this, but... 'a scoop is a scoop?' They seem to be just as good as anything else out there. But just like anything else, I'm sure if the ice cream is hard enough, it would struggle and could break like others. I used the epoxy from my golf club building materials. Black Graphite Epoxy that takes over 24 hours to cure. It is high impact stuff that ought to hold up under regular/normal use. My wife and I can't decide on how to price these. She and my turning club insist I'm always under pricing my products.

Billy Tallant
07-04-2011, 2:06 AM
Those are some nice looking scoops. Those segmented ones really stand out.