PDA

View Full Version : Woodturning Design # 32

Scott Hackler
07-02-2011, 8:11 PM
Well I guess since I now have a couple copies from St Paul, another couple from the publisher and my own subscription copy.... I can now make it official to announce that I am a bonafide magazine article author!! lol

This all started a year ago when resident Creeker and editor of the magazine, Joe Herrmann, ask me to write a "how to" article on a recently posted candleholder project. Least to say it was a challege to write up the article, having never done this type of writing before. Joe made it easier by supplying me sample materials and answering a few questions as I went along.

It has been a very rewarding experience and Joe will likely get a few more articles from me for concideration in future issues. It is quite surreal to see your writing and expecially your own picture in a national magazine! I will be increasing their circulation by 4-5 by myself (keepsakes)! lol

Anyway, thanks to all who have seen it already and offered congratulations and thanks to all who would care to offer up any critiques of said article. I am very much interested in how someone, besides myself, understands the directions and such.

Congrats to Mike Peace (Creeker) for a great article on making scoops, as well.

For those who haven't got their issue yet or have to buy it on the newstand, it should be out on July 5th. Thanks everyone.

John Keeton
07-02-2011, 8:22 PM
Scott, I finally did receive mine - wish I had it in time for you to autograph it at St. Paul!! Congrats, and I look forward to seeing more articles from you.

Ed Morgano
07-02-2011, 8:37 PM
Scott,
Congratulations. You forgot to mention the name of the magazine but I found it anyway .....Woodturning Design Magazine. Anyway, pretty soon, I'm going to be completely surrounded with celebrities. :-)
Sorry.... I didn't realize you used it as the title to this thread.....duhhhhh...

Rick Markham
07-02-2011, 8:37 PM
Yay! It must have finally come out, I am going to have to make a trip to the bookstore tomorrow to pick up a copy. Congrats Scott, I can't wait to read it!

Pete Jordan
07-02-2011, 8:41 PM
Congrats Scott!

I will get one this week.

Steve Schlumpf
07-02-2011, 9:31 PM
Congrats Scott! Looking forward to seeing the article!

Jim Burr
07-02-2011, 9:54 PM
As we mentioned already...well done!!!

Rich Aldrich
07-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Scott - Congrats. It is a nice article. I plan to make a couple this week.

David E Keller
07-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Congrats on getting published, Scott! I thought the article was well done.

Jeff Fagen
07-02-2011, 11:43 PM
I picked up a copy at the symposium and your article made me want to give one a try.

Kathy Marshall
07-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Congrats Scott! Guess I need to hit the bookstore this weekend!

Scott Hackler
07-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Thanks again for all the positive comments, you all are too kind. I wouldn't hit the newstrand until July 5th. That is when they are supposed to be placed. Subscribers got our copy within the last few days and St Paul goers could get one early at the show.

charlie knighton
07-03-2011, 2:28 AM
congratulations, Scott

Harvey Ghesser
07-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Thanks again for all the positive comments, you all are too kind. I wouldn't hit the newstrand until July 5th. That is when they are supposed to be placed. Subscribers got our copy within the last few days and St Paul goers could get one early at the show.

Hi Scott,
Congratulations on the publication of your article! Really enjoyed it! And probably more so since I already "read" you on Sawmill Creek!

Marc Himes
07-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Congratulations Scott. I will have to get this magazine.

Marc

Tim Thiebaut
07-03-2011, 2:17 PM
Glad you finaly got a copy Scott, I am going to head down to my local Barnes and Nobles tomorrow or tuesday and see if its on the shelf yet.

Faust M. Ruggiero
07-03-2011, 2:42 PM
Scott,
I received mine last week and read it immediately. I'm seeing pictures of you everywhere. (not in the post office). The article was well done. Enjoy your new found fame. Your work tells us you deserve it.
faust

Bernie Weishapl
07-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Congrats Scott. It is well deserved. Really a nice article.

Scott Hackler
07-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Thanks again for the nice comments.