PDA

View Full Version : Another pen

Jim Burr
07-02-2011, 4:41 PM
For an RN at work...I have a thing against nurses...but Heidi is cool in my book! She had seen one of my wifes carry pens, a seascape pattern I bought awhile back. This blank I made to her specs...Aero Ti, polished to 8k MM and Hutt's to finish it off. Huut's over Ren because it's used in a tough environment. I have a pearl/pink cooking for her now. Both go to their new home on Monday!
C&C used on the next one:cool:

David E Keller
07-02-2011, 4:50 PM
Pretty cool, Jim! I like the blank/ kit combo, and I'll bet Heidi does too.

James Combs
07-02-2011, 5:06 PM
Jim, a very nice pen. Did you do the casting of the blank yourself???

Jim Burr
07-02-2011, 5:41 PM
Yes sir..this is a SAF pen (Start and Finish) pen. 3 color with a 2 pour...4 drops per oz and a 45 min cure time. At 100+...I drank lots of water!!!:D;) Tomorrows posting was 7 drops per oz and a 15 min cure time. Up side is that you can pour and turn in a day...downside is the more catalyst used, the more chipping you get. These are skew only and not for the faint of heart:mad::rolleyes::eek:

John Keeton
07-02-2011, 6:51 PM
Jim, that finish does look nice! Regarding the question I had on polishing acrylic, I will have to see how I feel about this finial after the turning is done. I am going to leave it in the chuck in the event I see the need to get some micromesh. Thanks!!