PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Update - 2011 SMC Pen Exchange status

James Combs
07-02-2011, 11:58 AM
I was on my PC this past Tuesday or Wednesday, don't recall exactly when:confused: but my electrical utility experienced a multi-power failure. It dropped out and came back on 3 times in quick succession all in a few seconds.:mad: The results were that my PC crashed and I had to rebuild all the software on it starting with the operating system. I have been working on it (mostly relearning how to rebuild everything for 3-4 days:() Long story short, I just got back on line with SMC late last night.

I will get the partner assignments done probably late this afternoon, definitely before the week end is out. I still have some software work to do before my PC is back to normal.

My apologies for the delay.

Edit: I just noticed my last post before the crash was Thursday so I guess it crashed after that post, sure seems like a lot longer ago then that.:eek::o:)

David Warkentin
07-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Sounds good. Looking forward to it.

John Keeton
07-02-2011, 12:22 PM
OUCH!!!!!!!! Man, that sucks!

ray hampton
07-02-2011, 2:24 PM
do your computer had a battery back-up power supply ? maybe a snake got in the transformer sub station

Michael James
07-02-2011, 4:31 PM
I hate when that happens! :eek:

ron hossack
07-04-2011, 3:04 AM
Shoot ... never saw this post about this years exchange ... sorry I couldn't participate.