PDA

View Full Version : Oliver Table Saw Owners

Dan Racette
02-14-2005, 12:11 PM
I would interested in getting any feedback the Oliver tablesaw owners might be able to give. I am looking at this saw and was wondering about quality of cut, accuracy of tool, and such things as that.

Dan

Key: table saw, tablesaw

Rick Lizek
02-15-2005, 8:15 AM
You talking about the new Oliver saws or the old Oliver? In my experience as a wood machinist the major factor in a saw is the operator and the fence. Ever seen any articles on woodworkers in distant lands where the table saw is a sheet of plywood and an arbor. Too many confuse quality of skills and machines. I don't care how good a saw you have if you don't know how to use it and coax the maximum capabilities out of it. So the old Olivers are good and better with a retrofit fence. Overbuilt and very heavy.

mike lucas
02-15-2005, 8:48 AM
I don't know of any owners, but when I seen one of their 12" table saw`s at a show this past October, I fell in love with it. It looks better then my Powermatic model 66 10" table saw.

I would be hard pressed to buy any other table saw then that one if I were buying a new one in the future. The tu-tone blue makes it almost too pretty to use!

In fact, all of the Oliver machines looked to be top shelf machinery. I would buy the 37" dual drum oscalating sander in a heart beat, if only I had the $6500 for it.:(

Dan Racette
02-15-2005, 9:34 AM
Thanks.

Rick I was talking the new oliver saws. I agree with you on coaxing the maximum!