PDA

View Full Version : Tell us your crazy people stories

Scott Shepherd
06-30-2011, 9:23 AM
I know we all run into fruit loops out there who are walking among us every day. I don't know if they have issues or if they are just "quirky", but I'll assume for this conversation they aren't mentally ill (which would be a serious issue and not something to joke about), but rather just odd, odd people.

I was getting some breakfast this morning in a fast food place. As I walk into the place, I notice the sidewalk is mildly wet where they have done a morning wash down. No puddles of water, just mildly wet. Not even enough to track a wet foot print into the place as you go in.

So I'm standing in line and look over and it's three people, two grown women, and one 5-6 year old child. They are standing with the door open, trying to figure out how to get out. They have shoes on, all of them. They can't figure out how to get out the door without stepping on the wet sidewalk. They spent about 3-4 minutes trying to work this out. They even talked about going out the other door on the other side of the building.

They were standing there, pointing out paths, trying to figure out which way to walk across the wet sidewalk. People where behind them, trying to get out and they're still just trying to figure it out.

Eventually, they just walked on out. Really bizarre for me. I hadn't seen that one before.

Dan Hintz
06-30-2011, 9:29 AM
Any chance they were related to the Wicked Witch of the West? That water can be a real bear...

Dave Anderson NH
06-30-2011, 9:36 AM
Those of us who are poor or of the middle class can be crazy or just plain nuts. The wealthy are excentric.

Matt Meiser
06-30-2011, 10:41 AM
I was on this one forum and people went on for 6 pages, over 200 posts arguing about whether divining was real. :D

Dan Hintz
06-30-2011, 10:43 AM
I was on this one forum and people went on for 6 pages, over 200 posts arguing about whether divining was real. :D
<chuckle>... oh, wait a sec...

Ben Hatcher
06-30-2011, 10:57 AM

I sometimes wish this forum were more like facebook. I very much like your post:)

Belinda Barfield
06-30-2011, 12:28 PM

Who in their right mind would do so a thing? Oh, yeah, well . . .

A friend of a friend is really quirky. She's not my friend because I don't have the patience for her. She lives downtown. She removed all but the load bearing walls in her house and the bathroom doesn't have a door. She raises chickens and ducks in her back yard. She removed the clawfoot tub from her bathroom and put it outside because she likes to take a bath while watching the stars. She lives in a neighborhood, mind you, not on acres and acres of land. She makes her own wine (which might make me reconsider befriending her) which isn't that unusual but she bottles it in mason jars.

Neal Clayton
06-30-2011, 1:10 PM
so she is outwardly as crazy as most other women are privately crazy?

that might be misconstrued as simple honesty! ;)

Belinda Barfield
06-30-2011, 2:30 PM
so she is outwardly as crazy as most other women are privately crazy?

that might be misconstrued as simple honesty! ;)

Not crazy, Neal, quirky. :D Trust me, anything even resembling gender bashing will get your thread shut down in a hurry around here. I know from experience and I was speaking about my own gender:eek: and it was all a joke.

I do know a few crazy, as in wacky, people. As a matter of fact, there are some real characters around Savannah. We even have a guy to wears black plastic trash bags as clothing and stuffs Spanish moss around the neck, arm, and leg openings. The trash bags aren't the crazy part, the Spanish moss is!

Dan Hintz
06-30-2011, 2:34 PM
As a matter of fact, there are some real characters around Savannah. We even have a guy to wears black plastic trash bags as clothing and stuffs Spanish moss around the neck, arm, and leg openings. The trash bags aren't the crazy part, the Spanish moss is!
Yeah, just watch Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil ;)

The Spanish moss is nasty... chiggers infest that stuff.

John Coloccia
06-30-2011, 2:38 PM
just an observation:

Everyone has a crazy friend. If you don't have any crazy friends, tell us about yourself.

:D

Belinda Barfield
06-30-2011, 2:44 PM
Yeah, just watch Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil ;)

Too funny, Dan, I almost referenced the movie in my post. A lot of people think that most of the characters are fictional, but they aren't. The guy walking the "dog" in the park every day - real. I've met the Lady Chablis - 'nough said.

The Spanish moss is nasty... chiggers infest that stuff.

My point exactly! But we call them red bugs.

Scott Shepherd
06-30-2011, 3:34 PM
I see a guy walking down the road near work, wearing a stocking cap and a winter coat with the fur around the collar. He's look perfectly normal if it weren't the middle of the summer and 95 degrees.

That's one I can't figure out. He's got to be cooking in that coat.

I see him a couple of times a week. My guess was that he works in a walk in freezer for some company, but that's my only logical conclusion. If so, I'd think he'd be carrying it home, not wearing it home :)

Roger Newby
06-30-2011, 5:01 PM
Probably thinks it's too heavy to carry.

David Larsen
06-30-2011, 5:26 PM
I know of a woman that counts how many times she gets bit by mosquitos then complains to the city that they need to spray more. The city where she lives collects a monthly fee and does mobile spraying to control the mosquitos. She doesn't just claim a bite here and there. We are talking in the hundreds by her count.

Clarence Miller
06-30-2011, 7:28 PM
just an observation:

Everyone has a crazy friend. If you don't have any crazy friends, tell us about yourself.

:D
Hey now that's something I hadn't thought of, that I'm the oddity of the neighborhood. Here I thought I was just popular.

Matt Evans
06-30-2011, 7:38 PM
Who in their right mind would do so a thing? Oh, yeah, well . . .
. She makes her own wine (which might make me reconsider befriending her) which isn't that unusual but she bottles it in mason jars.

Well, mason jars are proper for other homemade alcoholic beverages. . .does she have a "fancy teapot"? hehe.

Heck, as long as the wine is good, who cares about the packaging? At least she isn't trying to go for the "Boxed wine" aesthetic and reuse cardboard boxes. . .

Bill Cunningham
06-30-2011, 10:33 PM
I see a guy walking down the road near work, wearing a stocking cap and a winter coat with the fur around the collar. He's look perfectly normal if it weren't the middle of the summer and 95 degrees.

That's one I can't figure out. He's got to be cooking in that coat.

I see him a couple of times a week. My guess was that he works in a walk in freezer for some company, but that's my only logical conclusion. If so, I'd think he'd be carrying it home, not wearing it home :)

Hey!!! He must have a brother that lives in my neighborhood.. I see him most mornings..

Bryan Morgan
07-01-2011, 1:12 AM
I live in "the O.C." Every person here is certifiably insane. From the way we live our lives to the prices we pay for old crappy houses. Yup. Nuts.

Joe Angrisani
07-01-2011, 9:44 AM
I live in "the O.C." Every person here is certifiably insane. From the way we live our lives to the prices we pay for old crappy houses. Yup. Nuts.

What is "the O.C."?

paul cottingham
07-01-2011, 10:42 AM
I know a woman who gets upset by the sound of chewing. Not open mouthed chewing mind you, but closed mouth, quiet chewing. The best part is, she has tons of dinner parties at her house. I can't figure that out at all.

Jeff Monson
07-01-2011, 10:48 AM
I know a woman who gets upset by the sound of chewing. Not open mouthed chewing mind you, but closed mouth, quiet chewing. The best part is, she has tons of dinner parties at her house. I can't figure that out at all.

Maybe she just prefers to swallow.

Charlie Reals
07-01-2011, 11:26 AM
What is "the O.C."?
That is the "other culture" Joe and yep they are insane!!;) beach bums, surfers, bikinis. crazy crazy:D:D

Dennis Peacock
07-01-2011, 11:50 AM
When you work with a bunch of grown up 2 year olds......does that count??? :D

Greg Portland
07-01-2011, 12:13 PM
What is "the O.C."?
OC = Orange County (i.e. suburbs of Los Angeles)