PDA

View Full Version : Joiner Plane?

Dennis Peacock
02-13-2005, 7:23 PM
Well....I've been watching a few places and would like to see about getting a hand plane...like the Stanley #7 Joiner plane. What are other makes of this same type plane? Also, if you have good sources that are less expensive that what are new prices...please PM me the link.

Jim DeLaney
02-13-2005, 8:04 PM
Well....I've been watching a few places and would like to see about getting a hand plane...like the Stanley #7 Joiner plane. What are other makes of this same type plane? Also, if you have good sources that are less expensive that what are new prices...please PM me the link.

The Sargent 422 is their equivalent of a #7.

Also, the Keen Kutter kk7 & k7. The K7 (only one "K") is the early, round top, Bedrock design. My Keen Kutters are among my very favorites.

Not necessarily cheap - or even inexpensive - but Patrick Leach is a good source. His prices are fair, and his 'product descriptions' are very accurate. Good guy to deal with.

Mark Singer
02-13-2005, 8:19 PM
ECE Primus Jointer plane

Tony Sade
02-13-2005, 9:19 PM
Lots of folks seem to like Steve Knight's planes and I believe he makes a jointer. His stuff isn't as cheap as an ebay rust bucket that you can fix up on your own, but he'll make one to suit you.

Knight-Toolworks.

Tony

Michael Campbell
02-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Lots of folks seem to like Steve Knight's planes and I believe he makes a jointer. His stuff isn't as cheap as an ebay rust bucket that you can fix up on your own, but he'll make one to suit you.

Knight-Toolworks.

Tony

He does. It's beautiful.

http://www.knight-toolworks.com/wooden.htm#Jointer

Dennis Peacock
02-14-2005, 8:52 AM
Thanks folks. I'll check each of the options out.