PDA

View Full Version : Steve's acquisition got me a-thinkin'

Roger Chandler
06-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Well..........Steve was a moderator...........John [kenny] K. became a moderator........Steve has a ponytail..........John grew a pony tail.........Steve has a Jet 16/42 2 hp lathe............John got a Jet 16/42 2 hp lathe.........both went to dinner together at the AAW symposium...............

Steve came back with a lighter wallet and a heavier lathe on order...............hummmn..........I know that JK just got his Jet, but now I am beginning to wonder......................just a-thinkin'....................could an upgrade be in the making for a certain ponytail wearin', lawyer from Kentucky?

I know, I know.........there was total satisfaction with the Delta midi.......no upgrade for JK, nosireee...........now he has his dream lathe...........[chuckle, snicker, :rolleyes::rolleyes::D]

Gotta yank your chain just a little there, John! :D;)

David E Keller
06-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Roger, if John get a Robust any time in the next year, there are stalker laws to protect Steve!:D:D

Steve Schlumpf
06-28-2011, 10:47 PM
If by chance John is following in my footsteps (Ha Ha!) .... then he needs to use his new Jet 1642 for 5 years like I did! After that, then he may be ready for an upgrade.

John Keeton
06-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Now, I would have to admit that Steve and I really had a great time. We shared dinner with our wives on Thursday evening, spent the better part of the day together Friday, and a good portion of Saturday. Steve has been more than a mentor - a true friend. I am honored to have followed in his footsteps. And, if I recall, I have previously posted that the American Beauty is, in fact, my dream lathe - even before buying the Jet.

But, I am probably good with the 1642 for several years. In fact, I still miss my Delta!! Everytime I see one, I have a pang of regret!

Roger Chandler
06-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Now, I would have to admit that Steve and I really had a great time. We shared dinner with our wives on Thursday evening, spent the better part of the day together Friday, and a good portion of Saturday. Steve has been more than a mentor - a true friend. I am honored to have followed in his footsteps. And, if I recall, I have previously posted that the American Beauty is, in fact, my dream lathe - even before buying the Jet.

But, I am probably good with the 1642 for several years. In fact, I still miss my Delta!! Everytime I see one, I have a pang of regret!

oh, be still my bleeding heart! Hey John, I readily admit also that the American Beauty is also my dream lathe..........if I had the extra cash not needed for other things...........well I would order one tomorrow........fully tricked out, nonetheless! Now, I like my Grizzly G0698, but a beauty it ain't [pardon my English] and if I could put one in the shop, I'd sell that Green Monster in a new York minute.

Tim Thiebaut
06-29-2011, 12:53 AM
I tell ya, of all the lathes Steve posted in that thread, that American sure stands out...that is a handsome piece of machinery.

Michelle Rich
06-29-2011, 7:45 AM
Roger, your sense of humor always gives me at least a smile & more often a giggle. :-)

Roger Chandler
06-29-2011, 8:34 AM
Roger, your sense of humor always gives me at least a smile & more often a giggle. :-)

Why Thank you Michelle..............good times and laughter are medicine for the soul.............I just think I have to be careful....anytime it is at someone else's expense, a little caution should be exercised...............I knew John himself would most likely laugh with us ..........he's a real sport, and a true country gentleman!