PDA

View Full Version : Confederate Cemetary Cedar

Donny Lawson
06-28-2011, 7:12 PM
Well, this is some Cedar from the storm last weekend. It's from a Confederate Cemetary in our city. There will be more but I really do not need this. I just hate to see it turned into mulch.

Roger Chandler
06-28-2011, 7:15 PM
Donny,

If that wood is too much for you to get to, might I suggest contacting some of the civil war museums and gift galleries.........they might take a some pens and other items on consignment basis............also, send a PM to Keith Outten, .........he might like some for the freedom pens project.

A local turning club most likely would be glad to help preserve that wood for turnings.

charlie knighton
06-28-2011, 8:46 PM
Donny, that must have been some storm, how many trees did they lose????

enjoy

brian watts
06-28-2011, 9:37 PM
donny. i will be down this weekend to get some of it....call you be friday..

John Hart
06-28-2011, 9:39 PM
Too cool Donny!! That's a wagon-load of pure joy for sure. :)

Donny Lawson
06-28-2011, 9:47 PM
donny. i will be down this weekend to get some of it....call you be friday..

Thanks Brian,I'm trying to bring it all home since it's piled up on side of the road for the brush crew to pick it up. I was told it was being cut up this morning about 9:30 or so. I've been hauling my trailor to work all week. This storm was estimated to have brought down over 1000 trees city wide. We have been working for 9 days straight trying to get the trees up but it may be another month before we get there. I've got 2 huge Maple trees I hope to get to this week before it gets picked up. I just cannot get time.

Steve Schlumpf
06-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Beautiful wood Donny - love the intense coloring! Sorry to hear about all the storm damage! Be safe harvesting all that wood!

Andrew Kertesz
06-29-2011, 7:01 AM
If you had time and help you could always sell some blanks. Keep enough to cover your time and effort and donate the balance to the cemetery.

Cody Colston
06-29-2011, 4:18 PM
I would be looking for someone with a portable bandsaw mill to turn it into lumber.