PDA

View Full Version : shop vacuum system?

Jerry Crawford
02-13-2005, 5:30 PM
I tried the search and can't find it. I THINK I saw a brief posting here about someone who made a nice size shop vac system using two metal trash cans and some HVAC connections. Anyone?

My agenda is to put together on the cheap some kind of vacuum system for my 210 sq/Ft garage shop that I can later attach to a full size (Tornado? Cyclone? Huricane?)

Steve Cox
02-13-2005, 6:27 PM
If it's the post I'm thinking about it wasn't the lead post. It was a discussion of either a cyclone (I think) or another dust collector within the last month. The post was about a home made cyclone seperator and I think the post was about which cyclone to buy. It was fairly well down in the thread.

Jerry Crawford
02-13-2005, 6:50 PM
sounds close

Steve Cox
02-13-2005, 7:18 PM
Here you are :)

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=14978&highlight=cyclone

It's down a little bit.

Jeff Sudmeier
02-14-2005, 8:37 AM
They "Cyclone" that is built out of trashcans was meant to be used with a Dust Collector, not a shop vacumm. I am not sure how a shop vac would respond to such a system. I have used a 5 gallon separator on my shop vac before. By the time that is full, it is time to clean the filter anyway.

Jerry Crawford
02-14-2005, 9:19 AM
Roger. It is a DC I am looking at installing. I miss-spoke calling it a shop vacuum

Jeff Sudmeier
02-14-2005, 9:37 AM
Ahh, Then the trash can cyclone should work great for you. Be sure to post pics when it is set up! :)