PDA

View Full Version : Broken red beam laser mirror - where to get replacement?

Mike vonBuelow
06-28-2011, 4:03 PM
Well, I was cleaning all my mirrors and hear a very expensive crack - where can I get a replacement?

Pinnacle Mercury - V1

Mike Null
06-28-2011, 4:21 PM
Pinnacle is a GCC machine. I imagine at least some of their mirrors are interchangeable.

http://www.gccworld.com/

Rodne Gold
06-28-2011, 4:23 PM
That is not a laser mirror , it is the red beam mirror and you can just use another piece of ordinary mirror on it , any glass shop can cut you a piece or buy a cheap powder compact to get some thin mirror and use a glass cutter to cut a new piece and glue it on the metal slode after removing the cracked one. The laser mirrors are round polished steel and surface gold plated

Mike vonBuelow
06-28-2011, 5:07 PM
Rodne, I still need it to work - correct? Or is it just for the red beam?

Richard Rumancik
06-28-2011, 6:31 PM
You don't have to have a working red beam to use your laser, if that is what you mean. Does your laser look like the attached picture? The Mercury and Pinnacle's had two separate optical paths. The laser source hits mirror 1 (barely missing mirror 0) and is reflected up the telescope. The red beam hits mirror zero and then reflects onto mirror 1 and goes up the telescope. (This system is not as accurate as a beam-combiner system where the red beam actually passes through a mirror. But for the most part it works good enough.) So, as long as your laser mirror 1 is fine, you can run the machine w/o the red beam.

Mike vonBuelow
06-28-2011, 8:24 PM
Everything else is fine... shaky hands. Mirrors 1-4 may need alignment that's all.

I'll try it out tomorrow.

Truly appreciate it!