PDA

View Full Version : Trend Air Shield-Short Review

Karl Laustrup
02-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Just thought I'd throw my two cents in on the Trend Air Shield.

I got it, after a wait of a couple of weeks due to out of stock, last week. However, I had been laid up with a cold, so this was the first time I've had to check it out.

Having charged the batteries, which seems to take a long time for their size, I tried it on for size today. After some fussing to get the fit right, I turned it on. While I didn't test it while doing any woodworking, I can tell this will be a wonderful addition to my shop. I wear glasses and have always had the problem of fogging whenever I wear goggles and dust mask, or even just a dust mask.

When I first put the shield on and lowered the mask it was turned off. The inside of the mask immediately began to fog and by the time I found the on button [being new the location is foreign, but will become familar quickly] what I could see was like looking through a dense fog.:eek: In less than two seconds the face mask was clear and I could see. A side benefit is the cool air engulfing the face, which I hope will help with sweat getting in my eyes in the summer.

While I haven't really given it a true test [that should happen in the next few days, weather permitting] I believe I'll be quite pleased:) with the actual results.

Any of you wondering about this unit, I would say go for it.

John Miliunas
02-13-2005, 1:24 PM
Hey, congrats on the new "breathe of fresh air"!:) It should go a long way in keeping some of the junk outta' your lungs (and this coming from a smoker!).:D Say, BTW, it appears you must not have been wearing your glasses for the new avatar, huh?:D :cool:

Karl Laustrup
02-13-2005, 3:11 PM
Hey, congrats on the new "breathe of fresh air"!:) It should go a long way in keeping some of the junk outta' your lungs (and this coming from a smoker!).:D Say, BTW, it appears you must not have been wearing your glasses for the new avatar, huh?:D :cool:
What can I say, "Spring".

I had just awakened from a nap when the pic was taken and hadn't had time to find my glasses. Thus, the disheveled hair with a look of confused befuddlement.

LOML says it captures my essense, whatever that means.

Michael Perata
02-13-2005, 4:28 PM
Karl

Thanks for the heads up on the AirShield. It is on my todo list for March.

I also wear glasses and that is the reason I am putting the 3M powered shield away. Any problem lifting the shield with your glasses inpace?

Karl Laustrup
02-13-2005, 4:50 PM
Karl

Thanks for the heads up on the AirShield. It is on my todo list for March.

I also wear glasses and that is the reason I am putting the 3M powered shield away. Any problem lifting the shield with your glasses inpace?
Mike, I don't have any problem with my glasses getting in the way of raising or lowering the shield.

I put the unit on my head with the shield up and then lower it. I reverse the procedure taking it off.

Dennis Peacock
02-13-2005, 7:19 PM
I got the Trend Airshield just a few weeks ago...!!!! Why did I wait so long before investing in decent protection for my sinuses, lungs and general health!!!!!! :rolleyes: Best health related investment I've made in a while. :D

Jim Becker
02-13-2005, 7:34 PM
I finally got mine OUT to the shop today (it was sitting in the kitchen since it arrived), but I have to charge it up before giving it a whirl. Looks like a nice product and I'm looking forward to having it available when I'm working on the lathe.