PDA

View Full Version : Double ended shave horse

Jessica Pierce-LaRose
06-27-2011, 5:48 PM

Showed up on my local Craigslist today; (are links to CL allowed in this forum?) Never seen a double headed one before. Not that that means anything, I'm no expert. Must be nice to have company when woodworking at times. Although the total horizontal angle seems odd, and anything too long and you'll be getting in each others way.

Just thought it was interesting.

Dave Anderson NH
06-28-2011, 9:06 AM
Direct links to either Craigs list or eBay are prohibited by the SMC TOS (Terms of Service). You can mention them and list the number, but can't directly link.

john brenton
06-28-2011, 9:15 AM
I wonder if that's for two people, or either side has a different function? Maybe a shave horse on one side, carving horse on the other?

Jessica Pierce-LaRose
06-28-2011, 9:48 AM
Thanks Dave, I was pretty sure what applied to eBay here (which I knew about) also applied to CL.

If you search the VT craigslist for "primitive shaving bench", you'll find it. Hard to tell from the photos on CL, but both ends look similar; the "bed" is straight across the whole thing, although appears a little narrower on one side. The heads look about the same too, hard to tell. (Sorry, I don't know shave horse terminology.) Looks like there might be holdfast holes inbetween the two heads. Does seem like one end is closer to it's respective seat than the other.