PDA

View Full Version : The Surprise Bandit strikes AGAIN!!

Scott Hackler
06-27-2011, 12:05 PM
So here I sit relaxing the day after a whole day in the truck back from St Paul (yesterday) and the door bell rings. The mail lady hands me a very heavy box and I'm thinking "I don't think I ordered anything." Well as soon as I flipped it over and saw the FROM.... well the smile went ear to ear! I don't know what I did to deserve this but.... YAHOO!!!!!

KATHY MARSHALL IS THE GREATEST!!!!!

I now have a giant chunk of Chilian Mesquite! It's about 12" square and 4-5" think.

Thanks so very much Kathy! What an aewsome surprise! You made my day! :)

John Hart
06-27-2011, 12:35 PM
The woman is my hero. Congratulations, Scott!

Rob Cunningham
06-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Nice looking piece of wood from a generous person. She even glued a quarter to it ;)

Tim Thiebaut
06-27-2011, 2:33 PM
Very nice congrats, Kathy is a great person!! Does the quarter have some meaning?

Rick Markham
06-27-2011, 3:29 PM
Congrats Scott, and yes Kathy is the best! That is some super beautiful mesquite too, just wait until you turn it!

David E Keller
06-27-2011, 3:32 PM
Very cool! If that's the same velvet mesquite that she sent me... It's awesome stuff!

Bernie Weishapl
06-27-2011, 8:42 PM
Congrats Scott. Kathy is one super person.

Scott Hackler
06-27-2011, 8:47 PM
Very nice congrats, Kathy is a great person!! Does the quarter have some meaning?

I put the quarter in the picture for a size reference. Most of the pictures I took in St Paul ( in the instant gallery) were with a quarter in the picture for a size reference. I wanted to be able to study them later and know by looking what their size was.

Jeff Nicol
06-27-2011, 8:55 PM
Scott, That is how it works, you bring me some Osage Orange and for your trouble you get some mesquite! I almost put a chunk on the lathe today, but I was busy with other things, like checking out the inside of my eyelids this afternoon!

Great chunk of wood, turn something magnificent with out of it,

Jeff

Scott Hackler
06-27-2011, 8:58 PM
Ah shoot, I just remembered that I was supposed to hook up with Doug and Greg (I think) for some local Maple!! Ooooops. To much to do, too little time and brain fried from turning overload! :)

Kathy Marshall
06-27-2011, 10:58 PM
You're very welcome Scott! Glad I made your day! Every time I make someone's day, it makes my day. Needless to say you all made my week!
Can't wait to see what you "turn" it into!

David Reed
06-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Wowser - nice surprise. This piece of wood just looks seriously hard.