PDA

View Full Version : Rock and Roll?

Dale Miner
06-25-2011, 9:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7KjHO992Ik

It ain't the kind that I grew up with.

I guess it is a least a testament to the quality of the PM 90.

Jason Silva
06-25-2011, 9:40 PM
Yikes! He's just asking to get decapitated.

David Warkentin
06-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Dangerous for sure...

Scott Hussey
06-26-2011, 3:04 PM
I believe in the Darwin theory of evolution - things like that seem to take care of themselves usually with severe pain to the user. Hopefully someone will help this young man and teach him the folly of his ways and to respect spinning chunks of wood.

It is a pretty piece of wood though.

Erik Johanson
06-27-2011, 11:32 AM
If you read his comments he states he is a school teacher, its a wonder he has not gotten any students hurt or killed with stupidity like that. Oregon should seriously consider suspending or revoking his teaching license.

Dick Wilson
06-27-2011, 12:01 PM
So this was the first time that day he has ever turned. I am certainly glad he selected the proper piece of wood to start turning. This is wrong on so may levels I don't have the time to list them all. I noticed the video was fairly short. They probably had to stop shooting and cart him off to the Emergency Room. Can anyone identify the tool he was using. It didn't look like a roughing gouge. It looked home made, but hey, he is a professional, after all he made a video.

curtis rosche
06-27-2011, 11:17 PM
thats nothing. i turn that size on my 9 inch 1928 craftsman lathe with bushings.