PDA

View Full Version : performax 16/32 sander

Karl Card
06-25-2011, 9:21 PM
For those of you who have either the performax or the jet 16/32 open ended drum sander that seems to not stay set, well I finally realized on the newer ones all they did was to put a brace on one side that could easily be bougth and used on the older versions. This brace let you fine tune the drum and also locks it into place and seems to be should hold it better than before. The only thing I am wondering is if a person where to position one on each side of the motor instead of just on the left side. Either way it has to be a big help. I find that know matter what I do the end of the drum always seems to start slanting downward. Other than that I still am not sorry I bought this but for about 15 bucks I believe it can be fixed. I hope this helps someone out there and not meaning to be redundant if this is already a wide spread known fix.

Carroll Courtney
06-26-2011, 8:29 AM
Karl,can post acouple of pics of the part,and do you have the part #'s?I have the older version that also is afew thousandth lower than the motor side.The new ones looks like they have an adjustment to raise the open end I think.Thanks for letting other know this----Carroll

Gene Howe
06-26-2011, 9:14 AM
Well, Doggonit! I sold mine because I could never keep it aligned. Wish this fix had been available before I got so frustrated.

jonathan eagle
06-26-2011, 2:48 PM
I'd be interested in what this part is, as well.
Jonathan

Josh Bowman
06-26-2011, 7:09 PM
I think he's talking about this, Item 61 in the parts list, it has the "fine tune adjustment knob" basically just a lever/bracket that levers the motor frame to make it level. I have a Ryobi and need the same modification. It looks easy to make......just got to get around tuit:cool::

Karl Card
06-26-2011, 9:40 PM
Josh that is the correct pic. I just happened to be in a woodcraft store and wanted to see how the newer ones kept aligned and needless to say I was pleased at what I saw. I looked up the part and it seems like it was either 11 or 14 bucks... nothing major.