PDA

View Full Version : Airless Paint Sprayers

Malcolm Timbers
04-18-2003, 8:34 AM
I have been looking to purchase an airless paint sprayer. I have been looking at the Magnum XR7 by Graco at H.D. for medium duty spraying of undiluted latex paint. Is there any problems with this machine. Are there any better ones out there in the $500 range?

Charles McKinley
04-18-2003, 9:48 AM
I picked up an ES190 new on ebay for $450. This is the smallest machine the man at Sherman Williams said he would sell. However, if it isn't going to see a lot of use I think the smaller Graco would be fine.

Scott Greaves
04-18-2003, 4:57 PM
Hi Malcolm,

I know you would really like to buy one of these painters, so would I! But then I think about how often I would use a nice painter like this. I'm not a professional painter, so even a few hundred dollars is a hard justification to pay for a machine. But unless you go $500 or more for a machine, you're probably not getting one that's worthwhile. I like Graco, but they definitely have two lines, and the ones sold at Home Depot are not of the top line.

On the other hand, for the few times I need an airless sprayer I can rent one at the local paint store for about $35 for a weekend. For that money I get a good quality Graco Professional sprayer, maintained and kept in working condition by the people who sell them at the paint store. At this rate I can rent one quite a few times before I ever get close to the cost of buying one, and I don't have to maintain it.

I almost never try to talk somebody out of buying a tool, but this is one tool I would rather rent. Think about it!

Scott.

Malcolm Timbers
04-18-2003, 7:14 PM
Thanks guys,

I am looking for something that I expect to use quite often, but not pumping a lot of paint at any one time. But I want it to be able to shoot straight latex at a relatively high volume for the effect I need to create.

Bobby Hatfield
04-18-2003, 8:03 PM
Malcolm I bought a reconditioned sprayer from Northern Tools under $200 some time back, it did ok. Check out northerntools.com