PDA

View Full Version : Delta Saw Manual

Todd Davidson
02-12-2005, 10:33 PM
Does anybody have a manual for the Delta 36-675 that they could e-mail me? I can't get it to download from Delta's web site and customer service isn't available until Monday - and I'd really like to make some sawdust tomorrow :)

Tim Morton
02-12-2005, 10:46 PM
I just downloaded it from the delta site...its a 3.8mb file...I can email it to you if your email will accept a file that big. Or I can post it to my FTP siye and PM you the address and password.

Todd Davidson
02-12-2005, 11:08 PM
Tim

If you could e-mail it to me I'd be grateful. Hopefully hotmail will accept something that big. I'll let you know. Thanks!

Tim Morton
02-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Its sending now...you might want to edit the post so your email doesn't show up as a link...unless you like spam :D

Tim Morton
02-12-2005, 11:32 PM
well its up to hotmail now...if you don't get it let me know.

Todd Davidson
02-13-2005, 8:21 AM
Sorry I didn't reply again last night - daughter woke up requiring my attention. Successfully downloaded the manual. Thank you! Time to get to assembling...

Tim Morton
02-13-2005, 9:39 AM
glad I could help....and one thing I would suggest if you find yourself removing that splitter /guard assembly alot is calling delta and ordering the removable splitter...it costs $30 bucks and its is a HUGE improvement over the stock unit. Good luck with the saw!!

Todd Davidson
02-13-2005, 10:07 AM
Is the splitter something I need to order from Delta or would Woodcraft or maybe Coastal Tools (or Amazon) carry it. Since this forum loves pictures and I don't own a digital camera - not to mention my computer skills are remedial - would it be ok if I PM you if I have any questions about the 36-675 so the pic police don't interpret inquiries as a "gloat". How is Delta's customer service? The 36-675 was the floor model and missing a few "pieces". Thanks again for your help Tim.

Tim Morton
02-13-2005, 10:39 AM
PM away!! And delta service is fine. You can order the splitter from any delta store as a "special order". As for missing pieces...all the bolts can come from a hardware store. Anthing other than that like a bracket or something can come from delta. I am working on my delta 36-465 saw today replacing the fence and installing a right side extension table I built yesterday...pics to come in a ?before and after post later today. take your time and make sure to get the stand nice and tight and level. Are you doing a mobile base? I had one on mine, but I took it off when I added the longer fence. Next I need to close in the sides to help in dust collectiion.

Todd Davidson
02-13-2005, 11:26 AM
As long as it's cool I'll continue using the forum - maybe someone else acquired a floor model and is in a similar position. I'm headed over to HD to pick up missing nuts and bolts (the only thing I think I'm missing that I'll have to get from Delta is one of the feet for the stand) and I was wondering what I need for nuts, washers, & bolts to mount the fence rails (T2 30"). Do you have the manual for the fence? No, mine didn't come with a mobile base - at least there wasn't one with the floor model. Will need to fabricate one at some point. Am eager to see your pictures of the upgrades you're working on today.

Tim Morton
02-13-2005, 11:44 AM
I don't have a manual for the T-2 fence, but have a look at the Biesemeyer 30" install guide, I wuold expect them to be similar. If you have angle iron rails and they are counter sunk holes, then you will need bevel headed screws, and bolts and lock washers. I just did my 40" biesemeyer fence install and I think I used 8 bolts on each side to keep things snug. But that is using a 36" extension table. You should have 4 on each side i would guess. then if you have a guide tupe with a tape measure on it, you will need some screws that go underneath the angle irons and screw into the bottom of the guide tube. As for the missing foot....poke around the floor mounted tubes, you will see they all have feet on them..I asked at my HD to "have" one and they said sure....they are all standard to fit the feet. As for the picture police....Tyler never gets up before 4 on sundays

Todd Davidson
02-13-2005, 9:22 PM
Nice job on your saw! Gives me inspiration! My assembly (after my second trip to HD where I coincidently talked to the guy who assembles the floor models. He pointed towards a display tool box where he throws all the "extra" screws and hardware that come with power tools he assembles - found most of the missing nuts, bolts, & washers for my saw) is nearly complete. Need to go to a hardware store tomorrow that carries metric nuts so I can mount the rear rail for the fence. Also need to contact Delta about the "L" shaped shoe that goes on the foot of the stand. And to order the splitter (do you know if there is a part number?). Which is a better blade for the TS - a Forrest is too expensive at this point - a Freud or a Dewalt Woodworking series (noticed some Dewalts for sale in the Classifieds)?

Tim Morton
02-13-2005, 9:35 PM
Here is the link to the splitter...
http://www.inthewoodshop.org/reviews/splitter.shtml
I have a Freud LU83R010 blade that cuts really well and i think amazon has it for $45 bucks or so. I think I found this blade by searching these forums as to what is a cood table saw blade. The delta blade that comes with the saw should get you going for a long time before it gets too dull to use though. the nice thing about the delta splitter is that is is used for thin and regular kerfed blades.

Todd Davidson
02-13-2005, 11:00 PM
After putting the kid to bed I went downstairs to "play" with the saw. Am having a heck of a time trying to get the belt cover and the motor to seat properly (ie: the cover not to rub when the motor is in alignment). Care to share any tricks ? Am begining to think I may be better off without the cover.

Tim Morton
02-13-2005, 11:15 PM
No tricks to it...you may just have to adjust the pulley a scosh, or even just bend the bracket a scosh...I know it may sound loud, but small adjustments will make it go away. make sure your saw is level and sitting square on the floor. Have you tried the nickle test yet? I think that was the first thing I did when I assembled mine. I tried it agains today after adding the table ...It wil run all day without falling over.

Todd Davidson
02-14-2005, 8:24 PM
Will wait for the nickle test until my missing shoe arrives from Delta. Must say Delta's customer service - despite the long wait to talk to a tech - is top notch. I explained that I had a floor model it was and missing a shoe. The tech said she knows that floor models can get abused and asked if I wanted anything else replaced. I told her that I'd already purchased the missing nuts, washers and bolts but would like to purchase from Delta the splitter you mentioned and a new scale (assembly guy just slapped it on the rail). The tech said she'd throw the splitter and scale in with my shoe at no cost. She said they'd be here by Friday.

Thanks again for your help Tim!

With what I saved on the saw I'm going to try to get a digital camera so I can post some pics of my little shop in progress - of course I'll need some help with that too... :D

Tim Morton
02-14-2005, 9:07 PM
The tech said she'd throw the splitter and scale in with my shoe at no cost. She said they'd be here by Friday.

sounds like a great deal...I thought they were good to work with to. Did you give her/him the part number for the splitter? Just want to be sure you get the detachable splitter and not the splitter/guard that comes with the 36-675.

PS...don't get a kodak digital camera....as you can see from the pictures in my TS thread the quality is poor.

Todd Davidson
02-15-2005, 8:26 AM
Gave Delta the part number for the detachable splitter that was listed in the link you provided. The tech said it was compatable with my saw.

Thanks for the tip on a digital camera.