PDA

View Full Version : My first order for Wedding Invitations

Andrea Weissenseel
06-24-2011, 2:19 AM
A befriended couple approached me, and asked if I would make wedding invitations for them. They told me that they want something very individual and personal. There had to be a shell on it (that was a must :D) and it had to be related to the sea - I thought OMG *lol* - but here is what I came up with. In real the paper almost looks and feel like sand, inside they are dark blue like ocean by nite. They where thrilled :)

Cheers, Andrea

Robert L Stewart
06-24-2011, 2:32 AM
Awesome design Andrea, you are no doubt proud of yourself. Love the colors.

Robert

Jiten Patel
06-24-2011, 4:28 AM
Nicely done. Simple yet elegant. Perfect for a wedding.

Did you print the shell detail (in blue) then cut?

Dan Hintz
06-24-2011, 6:03 AM
Same ? as Jit, as well as where did you get the paper... was it two-tone already, or did you glue two different sheets together? That will likely be answered by default when you answer Jit's...

Mike Null
06-24-2011, 6:08 AM
Very nice work but same questions as Dan and Jit.

Andrea Weissenseel
06-24-2011, 7:16 AM
Thanks for the nice comments :)

It's a 310g cardpaper that is two-toned, gold outside/darkblue inside. The shell is not printed, it's engraved. The paper is from a small German paper mill, that has specialty papers like that

Jiten Patel
06-24-2011, 7:29 AM
That's brilliant to be able to have the blue come through. We get duplex card stock too, tried to take off the first layer to reveal the second but it didn't work. Would make for incredible business cards!

Ken Shea
06-24-2011, 7:41 AM
Very nice, not over done, a very elegant and beautiful invitation.

Ken

Andrea Weissenseel
06-24-2011, 9:16 AM
That's brilliant to be able to have the blue come through. We get duplex card stock too, tried to take off the first layer to reveal the second but it didn't work. Would make for incredible business cards!

That's true, actually I was a bit disappointed that it didn't come out as bright as I thought it would (it's more like a silverish blue). Actually I use another cardstock for some of my own businesscards, which is silver/blue/gray with a black backside - and they come out just great

Belinda Barfield
06-24-2011, 9:23 AM
Great work Andrea! I love the design. It would have been perfect for my friends that are getting married next weekend. I offered to do their invitations but they wanted something plain and boring like black on white with a pink ribbon. (LOL)

Chuck Stone
06-24-2011, 9:55 AM
ooo .. nice!

Jeff Belany
06-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Go to just about any print shop and ask for duplex cover stock. They may not stock much (because it is expensive) but they should have (or can get) swatch books. Any shop I have worked in can order small quantities of this type of stock. Lasers real easy and makes a nice look.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Martin Boekers
06-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Many scrapbook suppliers have an incredible array of cardstocks.

Check them out.

Mike Chance in Iowa
06-24-2011, 1:34 PM
Outstanding job Andrea! Thank you for sharing photos with us.

Frank Corker
06-24-2011, 5:49 PM
Great job Andrea, you will probably get more orders from other guests.

Dee Gallo
06-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Boy - I go out of town for a few days and all kinds of exciting things happen! Beautiful job, Andrea - such a perfect design solution for your customers. It gives off a "hopes for the future" vibe, fresh and yet elegant at the same time. I'm sure they were very happy with YOU!

We used to use Duo-Tone cardstock, which comes one color on each side, now you can get paper like that too. Fun stuff.

Keep it up! dee

Gary and Jessica Houghton
06-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Nice job Andrea. I really like it. Are they printing on the inside?

Andrea Weissenseel
06-28-2011, 3:15 AM
Nice job Andrea. I really like it. Are they printing on the inside?

No, not these one because they are dark blue inside. They have a matching paper inlay

Jiten Patel
06-28-2011, 4:19 AM
Andrea, Should I be worried? lol

Andrea Weissenseel
06-28-2011, 5:41 AM
Jit, who knows :p :D ;)