PDA

View Full Version : Traverse City MI. Road Trip / Birds Eye Maple WTB Locations?

richard poitras
06-22-2011, 10:23 PM
I am going to Traverse City (leaving Saturday) and was wondering if anyone knows where I can find some Birds Eye Maple at a decent price up in that area? I know it’s most prevalent in the U.P. but I figure T.C. should be close enough to some. Anyone have any leads? Also taking the family to Great Wolf Lodge while I am up there, anything else worth doing that someone can recommend as far as wood working or regular family fun as well?

Thanks Richard

Larry Edgerton
06-23-2011, 6:52 AM
A trip to Rare Earth Hardwoods would seem to be in order. Not a cheap place, but they are a direct importer from tree to lumber so occasionally they have some deals. They were overstocked on Jatoba a couple years ago and I bought a couple thousand feet for $2.85 ft. Their wood selection is always interesting. They are just 4 miles or so out of Traverse City. Great people to deal with.

Larry

richard poitras
06-23-2011, 9:19 PM
I have heard of Rare Earth Hardwoods and from what I have heard they have a lot of different kinds of woods at a very premium price. But it’s always nice to look and who knows I may find a bargain as well.
Thanks Richard

John Shuk
06-24-2011, 9:44 AM
If you get the chance to go to the Music House Museum you won't regret it. They have an amazing collection of Nickleodeon's and related stuff. It's between TC and Elk Rapids. If you really want to marvel at what an IPOD can do check out how people used to listen to "prerecorded" music! Most of the stuff is made of wood too!

http://www.musichouse.org/

Lyle Jamieson also lives in Traverse City and you may find that his studio is open.