PDA

View Full Version : Concrete information

Karl Card
06-22-2011, 2:15 PM
I have a few leaks in my basement because the concrete driveway has cracked in several places. I am wondering what the best fix for this is as far as getting the best bang for the buck. I do not use our driveway on a regular basis due to it is to narrow. The driveway was poured right up to the side of the house. There is also about a 1/2 inch space between the house and driveway and I am going to fill that in and make a slope so the rain will deflect off of that area and go towards the end of the drive. The drive does have a small slope from beginning to end so the water goes to the street then udnerground drainage.

I have a few places that looks like the dirt has settled underneath and the concrete has just caved in and cracked. Maybe 2 inches. should I just cut that section out and redo that section or is there a different repair method that would work?

I also do not have to use the driveway at all if that makes a difference, in fact I maybe gating it off this fall due to other reasons.

ray hampton
06-22-2011, 8:51 PM
do you know how thick your concrete driveway is ?

Karl Card
06-22-2011, 11:41 PM
do you know how thick your concrete driveway is ?

That is a good question. I dont think it is very thick at all and that is the problem but let me dig around tomorrow and see what i find.

Brian Tymchak
06-23-2011, 8:42 AM
not sure if its an option for you but there are companies that can lift concrete slabs back to the proper levels. I think they pump concrete under the slab to raise it up. If the area of your driveway that has caved in is small or broken up , this is likely not a good option.