PDA

View Full Version : Slow forum

Roger Chandler
06-22-2011, 10:07 AM
I guess with everyone concentrating on the upcoming AAW symposium and its related travel issues, and things..............well the pace of this forum just seems very slow.

Just an observation..........happy symposium to all the creekers fortunate enough to be able to attend...........hope you come back renewed, reinvigorated and ready to put all those tools to use that you just had to acquire! :D

Tim Rinehart
06-22-2011, 10:24 AM
I think you're right Roger.
Kinda like..."where did everyone go?"
Worse part...is we have to hear all the great times had, the demos they saw, the world class folks they met, the wood and tools they bought...
hmmm, I think I'm already feeling better about the next few days...ITS NEXT WEEK THAT WILL BE UNBEARABLE!!!:eek::eek:

Cody Colston
06-22-2011, 10:27 AM
I find it slightly humorous that turners all over the net who couldn't spell CAT if you spotted them the "C" and the "A" can spell SYMPOSIUM. Just an observation. :D

Bernie Weishapl
06-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Nope Roger no woodturning or work. I am sitting on the beach at Emerald Isle, North Carolina with a glass of wine with the LOML. 82 degrees and 15 mph winds makes it perfect. Been here for a week and won't leave until next week. The wife said forget about that load of wood from Mike Smith in the back of my pickup.:mad:

Steve Schlumpf
06-22-2011, 10:33 AM
I find it slightly humorous that turners all over the net who couldn't spell CAT if you spotted them the "C" and the "A" can spell SYMPOSIUM. Just an observation. :D

Yup, thank goodness for spell check!

Roger Chandler
06-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Nope Roger no woodturning or work. I am sitting on the beach at Emerald Isle, North Carolina with a glass of wine with the LOML. 82 degrees and 15 mph winds makes it perfect. Been here for a week and won't leave until next week. The wife said forget about that load of wood from Mike Smith in the back of my pickup.:mad:

Bernie,

I am envious.........I had a vacation planned last year at Emerald Isle, and due to unexpected surgery, had to cancel a week before we were due to leave.......hoping to get an opportunity to go there in the not to distant future.......I have not had the pleasure as of yet, but hear it is nice.

Roger Chandler
06-22-2011, 12:18 PM

Cody,

Wunce n alwhole, I gut a spullin' wrung, butt Anglesh wus once er ma bast subjiks in skuul whan I wus a grownnin up as a kedd. :eek::D:D:D:p

Marty Eargle
06-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Luckily, I was able to go get a pile of wood from Mike Smith before he headed up north to have fun with you folks. That means I'll have to make myself finish the pieces from the last load I got from him. I've gotten in a bad habit of getting about 80% of a bowl or something, get bored with it, and sit it aside.

Greg Bender
06-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Hey Bernie,
if you come back inland near Charlotte give me a call . I'm inbetween Charlotte and Statesville ,NC and would love to meet up with you if you have a chance. Either way ,have a great vacation at Emerald Isle.
Greg Bender

John Hart
06-22-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm sitting here, busting my rump at work because my main technician is sitting on a beach in North Carolina. :rolleyes:

Maybe I should go to St Paul too? (I can't spell symposium) ;)

Donny Lawson
06-22-2011, 9:00 PM
Too far for me to go but I cannot wait to see some pics when you return. I'm interested in the table setup and the kind of things people sell.

Don Alexander
06-22-2011, 9:34 PM
Bernie;

welcome to the great state of NC glad you are enjoying your vacation but i'm guessing the vacation is gonna continue when you get that load of wood back home :eek::)

Bernie Weishapl
06-22-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm sitting here, busting my rump at work because my main technician is sitting on a beach in North Carolina. :rolleyes:

Maybe I should go to St Paul too? (I can't spell symposium) ;)

John I didn't get his name but met a guy from Ohio on the 2 1/2 hr ferry ride to Ocracoke Island. He is staying with a friend in Chocowinity, NC and is a young guy along with his wife and little one. Really nice guy.

John Hart
06-23-2011, 6:15 AM
John I didn't get his name but met a guy from Ohio on the 2 1/2 hr ferry ride to Ocracoke Island. He is staying with a friend in Chocowinity, NC and is a young guy along with his wife and little one. Really nice guy.

It was probably Richard. If he had a big smile on his face that could only be associated with being unleashed from his office....that was Richard. You went to Ocracoke? Did you see any memorials for Joan Kelly?

Baxter Smith
06-23-2011, 6:33 AM
Slow here too. Just sitting at the airport!:D

Keith Outten
06-23-2011, 7:04 AM
Maybe a few FreeStuff drawings will cheer up some of you who can't make it to the AAW symposium :)

Marty Eargle
06-23-2011, 7:50 AM
Maybe you hit the nail on the head, Keith!

Tim Thiebaut
06-23-2011, 8:04 AM
That would make me smile Keith!

Roger, I think like Bernie folks are just getting out and enjoying the warm weather this time of year, could be why it is a little slower now then it is normaly.

Chris Burgess
06-23-2011, 9:10 AM

hay!! datz knot bery nise.....:D:eek:

Roger Chandler
06-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Maybe a few FreeStuff drawings will cheer up some of you who can't make it to the AAW symposium :)

Thanks Keith, and also thanks to the donors! Things like this make the creek all the better a place to visit, and be a part of!

Keith Outten
06-23-2011, 12:12 PM
Let me make it easy on you guys and gals, just click on the link below to go directly to the FreeStuff Forum.

Make sure that you op-in to all five of the drawing threads, you could win 4 turning tools and a chuck.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forumdisplay.php?16-FreeStuff-Drawings!

Tim Thiebaut
06-23-2011, 1:57 PM
Thanks Keith, and thanks to everyone of the donors for making this possible!