PDA

View Full Version : Old Sawmill with headrig graphic needed

Kathy Moore
06-21-2011, 10:32 PM
I am in desperate need for a graphic of an old Sawmill with a Headrig. I would be willing to pay for the correct one. I would like to have the headrig in the front with the shed fading off into the distance. Thanks in advance for any help on this one. I know it is a tough one.
Kathy

Frank Corker
06-22-2011, 5:11 AM
Kathy would love to help, but I haven't got a clue what a headrig is or I could have drawn it for you - I did find this website w w w.jacksonlbrharvester.com/index.html which seems to have pictures relating to sawmills might be worth a gander.

Kathy Moore
06-22-2011, 7:30 AM
Thanks for the link Frank. I took a look at the site. Everything there is fairly modern. I am still looking. Need something from the Early 1900's.
A head rig is two round saw blades one on top (above) of the other the larger one being on the bottom. Thanks for your efforts.

Bruce Volden
06-22-2011, 9:23 AM
I found this if it can be of help. http://www.pixagogo.com/Photos/Albums/Photo.aspx?id=S4tCjKcedIM09CQqJaw09OYxlWQB--LgXP-qwwHaG-3A3qG!HOTOL9pSioWBQWVPYJ

Bruce

Kathy Moore
06-22-2011, 10:16 AM
WOW, Bruce, This is sooooo close to what I am thinking they want. I am going to have to purchase it.

Bruce Volden
06-22-2011, 10:26 AM
I thought it had possibilities myself when I read what was needed. Want I should find an old shed/shack too? ;)

Bruce

Mike Chance in Iowa
06-22-2011, 2:51 PM
You can try searching for Darius Kinsey photographs. He was a prominent photographer in the late 1800's to early 1900's in the logging community in Western Washington. Other photographers from that PNW era were Monner & Atkeson.