PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Dave Anderson

Marc Hills
02-12-2005, 7:07 AM
It was a real treat to open the spring edition of Woodworking Magazine and see that our own Dave Anderson, aka Chester Toolworks, was among the manufacturers included in an in-depth review of high quality marking knives.

While I'd like to go into detail about what the magazine had to say about Dave's product, I'll keep this strictly non-commercial by simply offering my hearty congratulations to Dave for receiving national recognition for his craft.

I know how important it is for small business start-ups to receive broad media exposure, so this is a real boost for Chester Toolworks.

PS: Woodworking is an outstanding magazine, focusing on tool and joinery technique. It is also a rarity: a national publication with absolutely no advertising.

Frank Pellow
02-12-2005, 7:23 AM
A will add my congratulations Dave.

I don't think that I have ever seen a copy of Woodworking magazine, but now I will be on the lookout for it.

Dick Parr
02-12-2005, 7:26 AM
Congratulations Dave, you do beautiful work with tools and deserve the recognition. Well done.

Carl Eyman
02-12-2005, 7:40 AM
Gosh! and we knew him before he was rich and famous.

Dave Anderson NH
02-12-2005, 8:21 AM
I knew the review was coming, but I haven't heard anything about the results and haven't seen the new copy of the magazine yet so I can't really comment. It looks like I need to make a trip to the Barnes & Noble or some other bookstore today and buy a copy.

Mike Scoggins
02-12-2005, 8:44 AM
Dave,

Congratulations. I haven't seen the magazine in question either, but regardless of what they say (which I strongly suspect is good), you create some absolutely beautiful tools. I checked out your web site resulting from the previous posts a few days ago, and I wish you the very best in the expansion of your business.

Mike

Mike Holbrook
02-12-2005, 9:15 AM
You go Dave!

Terry Hatfield
02-12-2005, 9:17 AM
Congrats Dave!!!!!!!!!

t

John Shuk
02-12-2005, 10:05 AM
I have one of the knives and love it. I took a class where we handcut dovetails and both instructors wanted to know where the knife came from! Congrats Dave!
John

Ted Shrader
02-12-2005, 10:07 AM
Dave -

Well deserved review. Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Ted

Roy Wall
02-12-2005, 10:19 AM
I knew the review was coming, but I haven't heard anything about the results and haven't seen the new copy of the magazine yet so I can't really comment. It looks like I need to make a trip to the Barnes & Noble or some other bookstore today and buy a copy.
I think I'll do the same!!! Looks like a "group buy" is headed for CTW.........

Well done Dave:)

Lou Morrissette
02-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Congrats,Dave. Well deserved. You craft a beautiful tool.

Lou

Jerry Olexa
02-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Congratulations, Dave!! great exposure and well-deserved...

John Miliunas
02-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Whew! Do I ever feel lucky now: I managed to get one of Dave's former "limited production" marking knifes (Snakewood), before he made it to the BIG time!:D Congrats Dave! Well deserved and if the product you have now is anywhere near the quality of the one I acquired from you many, many months ago, it should take top honors! Love it and use it a LOT, even on the electron-burning side of things!:) Best of luck to you with the business venture, though I DO hope you have time left to produce some of the wonderful creations you make so beautifully!:) :cool: