PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Ray Mighells = Great Creeker!

Kevin Gregoire
06-21-2011, 1:00 PM
i was one of the lucky few to have won the free wood contest that ray was sponsoring,
it was very generous of him to do the contest so several of us could win a box full of
some very nice wood to use for scrolling, engraving, laser, etc... and each box was was
$11 to ship usps priority mail.

once i get my new scroll saw going good im sure i will even order more of the same wood i
got from him as he has a bunch of it i guess?

thanks again ray, i greatly appreciate it!

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/1273734/23805513/397080416.jpg

Frank Corker
06-21-2011, 1:51 PM
I can contest to your statement, his wood is just wonderful and yes, he's a great guy too.

Lori Kleinberg
06-21-2011, 2:03 PM
I also was a lucky winner. I sent Ray an email thanking him, but as long as your doing it publicly I will join in.
The wood is great for my scroll saw and I am having a hard time picking the first board to use, I need to lay out
some lettering for a sign I promised someone....tough decisions.
Thanks Ray

Neil Pabia
06-21-2011, 2:25 PM
Does he sell this type of wood or is it contest material only?

Ray Mighells
06-21-2011, 2:43 PM
Neil; the purpose of the giveaway was to announce the availability of this wood and to promote sales. This is great lasering wood, thin enough for inlays and thick enough for overlays or stand alone with a backer. I have a SP full of it and I need to get it to the people that realize its potential. You can send me a PM or punch up my name at Friends of the Creek. You'll get a lot of value for a small price. If anybody hasn't seen the pics you can check the Freebies listings to get into my PictureTrail Albums

Dee Gallo
06-21-2011, 3:47 PM
Neil,

This stuff is primo - I use mostly the cherry and it is always beautiful, no knots or bad spots, even coloration and engraves/cuts very well. Ray is a great guy to deal with and his prices are generous to buyers. I highly recommend you give it a try.

cheers, dee

James Leonard
08-17-2011, 4:19 PM
Hi,

I received my box of wood from Ray last week and I just wanted to say that it is GREAT! Ray was also easy to deal with.