PDA

View Full Version : Purple Wine Glasses

William Milligan
06-21-2011, 8:48 AM
I have a customer who wants me to etch a purple wine glass for him as a gift for a friend. I can find some purple wine glasses on Amazon but they are pretty pricey (don't really want to buy a bunch...just don't see much of a demand for them)...EBay has some but they are used so I'd rather not go that direction...I've also checked DiscountGlassware.com and they have some purple but only the stem is colored and it seems you have to buy a dozen...again...don't really want that many...

Anyone have a good potential source for these glasses other than those I've mentioned?

Thanks!

Martin Boekers
06-21-2011, 9:15 AM
Your best bet is to check with a hotel and restaraunt supplier. I haven't seen many in purple.
Libby has a line of Cobalt Blue which are nice.

Mike Null
06-21-2011, 10:21 AM
I think you're stuck with buying retail since you don't need enough to buy wholesale. I forget the name of the big garden chain but I was always impressed with their selection of glassware. Around here they're located near HD stores.

Dan Ashlin
06-21-2011, 1:00 PM
I just wanted to thank you for pointing out DiscountGlassware.com. At first, because they had great prices, but now, as I peruse their site, I'm seeing logos from my personal design portfolio pop up on their examples of printing to sell their products. Looks like they might owe me some money!

Michael Kowalczyk
06-21-2011, 1:37 PM
Mike are you thinking of Garden Ridge Pottery?

Kenneth Hertzog
06-21-2011, 1:48 PM
If you have a wine making supply source in your area
give them a call. They may have a supplier for the color you want
they have glassware of all types in our neighborhood.
Ken

Martin Boekers
06-21-2011, 2:30 PM
Mike are you thinking of Garden Ridge Pottery?

We have a Garden Ridge and an Old Tyme Pottery here in Illinois.

Garden Ridge has mostly clear. Old Tyme Pottery has quite a bit more to select from.

Dan Hintz
06-21-2011, 2:35 PM
as I peruse their site, I'm seeing logos from my personal design portfolio pop up on their examples of printing to sell their products.
Dan,

Are you saying they stole pics from your website, or they're using custom logos you've designed as options to engrave onto their glasses?

Mike Null
06-21-2011, 3:49 PM
Mike

I knew it was Garden something. That's the place I was trying to come up with.

Dan Ashlin
06-22-2011, 6:52 PM
Dan,

Are you saying they stole pics from your website, or they're using custom logos you've designed as options to engrave onto their glasses?

The latter.