PDA

View Full Version : HF Power Twist Link Belts????

james glenn
06-20-2011, 1:22 PM
Anyone had any experience with the link belts from HF:

http://www.harborfreight.com/vibration-free-link-belt-43771.html

They are made in the USA, and only $25 for 5ft. compared to say Woodcraft at
$34 + s/h for 4ft.

HF is easy for me to get to and I wouldn't have to order it. I am not worried about saving the money (but it is nice) if the HF belt isn't great.

I appreciate your input.

Jim

Myk Rian
06-20-2011, 1:36 PM
I haven't seen any bad reports.

Kurt Cady
06-20-2011, 5:14 PM
I Have one. No issues

Dell Littlefield
06-20-2011, 6:12 PM
I have one on my band saw and table saw, and was pleased enough I ordered one for my planer.

glenn bradley
06-20-2011, 8:21 PM
I have some Fenner and some HF. I have not used the HF yet but will say that on close inspection, the parts seem identical less the printing. HF sources from many places so this may not always hold true. Take a link or two of a Fenner belt with you and compare them at the store.

Andrew Gibson
06-20-2011, 9:15 PM
I have it on my contractor saw. Works just as well as the woodcraft link belt I have used on other machines. other then color It appears to be identical in quality to the other link belts.

Bruce Wrenn
06-20-2011, 9:49 PM
Power Twist is a copyrighted name that Fenner uses to describe their link belt. Jason Industries makes HF's link belt, right here in the good ole USA. Link belts were originally made for the HVAC service side. Tech could go out and have an air handler back in service, and not have to stock hundreds of belts.

lowell holmes
06-20-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm replacing my worn ot twisted link belts with cogged belts. They cost less and they don't have a memory to cause the vibration.

Amazon has them.

james glenn
06-21-2011, 9:23 AM
Thanks for all the input fellas. Glad to hear HF has something decent and made in the USA.

Lowell, I'll check them out. Thanks

Matt Meiser
06-21-2011, 9:36 AM
I put one on my bandsaw and it made a big difference over the old standard belt--but then again that was an old belt. Being able to adjust the size was really handy since I was changing out motors.

Marty Paulus
06-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Have them on both the table saw and band saw. Like others big improvement but both v-belts had a noticable set to them.

Josiah Bartlett
06-21-2011, 11:40 AM
I use them- they work well as long as you are under 3 horsepower per sheave and you have pulleys designed for an A profile belt. I tried one on my 5 HP air compressor because I was too lazy to measure for a new belt and it pretty much melted it, it tended to slip a lot even under high tension. Unlike more conventional belts, they tend to melt instead of shred, and once they do they no longer grip very well.

The one I have on my bandsaw with 3 HP has held up really well. They certainly are convenient.