PDA

View Full Version : Moderators

Faust M. Ruggiero
06-19-2011, 8:00 PM
I enjoy this forum. Occasionally, it occurs to me we owe a real debt of gratitude to our moderators who's timely action helps keep this the enjoyable experience we all want it to be.
Thanks guys!!
faust

Nate Davey
06-19-2011, 8:06 PM
+1 to a job well done.

John Keeton
06-19-2011, 8:07 PM
We do it for the pay and fringes!!:rolleyes:;):D Thanks, Faust! It ain't so hard - we have a pretty good bunch of folks here.

Tim Thiebaut
06-19-2011, 8:18 PM
Good post Faust, some good folks running this place!

Joe Vincent 63
06-19-2011, 8:38 PM
Agreed! You guys do a great job moderating, have excellent comments, and give excellent feedback to all. Your efforts and advice are truly appreciated ... even by a "newbie" such as myself!

Joe

Roger Chandler
06-19-2011, 8:42 PM
I agree........the mods do a great job, and their encouragement, especially to new creekers and beginners is something that helps a lot...........their input, critiques and encouragement have made me a better turner.

Heres to you guys........Steve, John K, Ken, John H...........

James Combs
06-19-2011, 8:46 PM
I agree also, their efforts makes for a very nice place to visit over and over and over and over and over...sorry repeating myself aren't I, got stuck there for a second.

Dick Wilson
06-19-2011, 8:51 PM
Dittos from my keyboard

charlie knighton
06-19-2011, 9:15 PM
+2.....:)......:)

David Gilbert
06-19-2011, 9:25 PM
I'm really glad that you guys have the time and interest to make SawMill Creek a wonderful place to learn.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

David

Harry Robinette
06-19-2011, 9:41 PM
From me to,you guys do an outstanding job. THANK YOU.

Baxter Smith
06-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Thanks from here as well!

Jim Burr
06-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Cheers!:D:D:cool:

Curt Fuller
06-19-2011, 11:22 PM
I enjoy this forum. Occasionally, it occurs to me we owe a real debt of gratitude to our moderators who's timely action helps keep this the enjoyable experience we all want it to be.
Thanks guys!!
faust
Well said Faust, well said!

Sid Matheny
06-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Another 1+ from me! As an Administrator on another WW fourm I know it not always easy to keep everything running the way you want. Hard to make everyone happy but you are doing a fine job.

Sid

Steve Kennedy
06-20-2011, 9:39 AM
I like the way things are kept so positive!

Michael James
06-20-2011, 9:58 AM
Atta boy, boys! :cool:
mj

Richard Galloway
06-20-2011, 12:19 PM
While I agree they do a Great job, I think they are here simple to feed their own addiction to the Creek! And I Fully believe it's an addiction! Sure becoming one for me, that's for sure! :-)

John Keeton
06-20-2011, 12:33 PM
...I think they are here simply to feed their own addiction to the Creek!:D:D:D:D The job does have its perks!!! :D:D:D:D;)

Don Alexander
06-20-2011, 1:06 PM
the creek rocks and the mods do a great job keeping it that way

Doug W Swanson
06-20-2011, 1:12 PM
We do it for the pay and fringes!!:rolleyes:;):D Thanks, Faust! It ain't so hard - we have a pretty good bunch of folks here.

How do you think the Mod's are paying for their trip to the AAW? It's one of the perks of being a Mod!:D

Thanks guys!

Kelvin Burton
06-20-2011, 1:19 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the time you spend the encouragement you give to all!

John Keeton
06-20-2011, 2:05 PM
How do you think the Mod's are paying for their trip to the AAW? It's one of the perks of being a Mod!:D

Thanks guys!Oh, if only that were the case!!! I am afraid the rewards and compensation for this task are the friendships formed and satisfaction of feeling like we make a difference here - though I would like to think that someday Keith will actually get that company jet, the hunting lodge in the Rockies and the condo in the Carribean that I was promised when I agreed to be a moderator!!!:D:D:D:rolleyes:;)

Keith E Byrd
06-20-2011, 2:19 PM
I have received a lot of encouragemnt and help from the Mods as well - great post Faust and thanks to the Moderators!

Jon Nuckles
06-20-2011, 5:40 PM
Adding my thanks to you guys!

Roger Chandler
06-20-2011, 6:02 PM
I am afraid the rewards and compensation for this task are the friendships formed and satisfaction of feeling like we make a difference here - though I would like to think that someday Keith will actually get that company jet, the hunting lodge in the Rockies and the condo in the Carribean that I was promised when I agreed to be a moderator!!!:D:D:D:rolleyes:;)

Yeah John,

But you would have to take all us "friends" along on that private jet, to the hunting lodge in the rockies.......the condo in the carribean.......well, I'll pass on that one. :rolleyes::D;)

Rich Greinert
06-20-2011, 6:33 PM
I do not know what goes on behind the scenes to make this forum a reality but I am very grateful to all of you guys who make it happen. My sincere thanks and appreciation to each of you.

Rich

Bruce Page
06-20-2011, 6:51 PM
Oh, if only that were the case!!! I am afraid the rewards and compensation for this task are the friendships formed and satisfaction of feeling like we make a difference here - though I would like to think that someday Keith will actually get that company jet, the hunting lodge in the Rockies and the condo in the Carribean that I was promised when I agreed to be a moderator!!!:D:D:D:rolleyes:;)

That's strange, I have a full set of keys - minus the Jet, understandably. He didn't tell you about the Party Barge? :confused::)

Dennis Simmons
06-20-2011, 6:58 PM
You are right, They deserve credit. I love the humor, as well as the information, on this site. Thanks to all of you!

Fred Perreault
06-20-2011, 7:12 PM
The Site is great, the Mods are terrific, and there seems to be much latitude given to marginal threads. For all of that, we are much better and safer turners..... and the humor is a large +++++

Ed Morgano
06-20-2011, 7:41 PM
I've only been in this forum for a relatively short time....been with the creek for a while....but, I can say that I am truly grateful for the atmosphere and tone set here by the moderators. I've gotten more help and guidance in the recent past that I will ever be able to repay. I can only think back to the years before the internet when it could take years to gather the information that is now readily available for the asking of a question. You guys are great and we all appreciate you. Thanks for being there…..and I don’t care how many perks you get….you deserve them….the yacht, the jet, the lodge…all of it. J

Bob Bergstrom
06-20-2011, 8:28 PM
We got the best Turning Forum, the best moderators, and the best contributors. Great job guys.

John Hart
06-20-2011, 8:38 PM
I don't do nuthin'. 'cept lacquer stuff. That seems to help. :)

Roland Martin
06-21-2011, 8:46 AM
I certainly agree with you, Faust, it's really easy to take things for granted in our daily lives and it takes reminders to make us think of the extreme value of everybody's input in making our journey as pleasant as it is. A giant thanks to the Mods, even that lacquer guy:D, and to all the paticipating spinners!

Scott Hackler
06-21-2011, 9:36 AM
Ditto on what everyone has said so far.

Trevor Howard
06-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Another BIG thanks from me, to all the mods.
Also I am a member on other forums, and sometimes when the same questions get asked, it seems easier for people to play the "do a search" card. Not here, everyone is patient, and sometimes will link to other threads.
Again Thank you.