PDA

View Full Version : Maple Bowl Pieced Rim and Pearl Ex Painted.

Bob Bergstrom
06-19-2011, 7:33 PM
Through a discussion here at Sawmill on piercing with dental drill I upped my air pressure from 35# to 40#. Made a wonderful difference. Cut cleaner, more power, and less catches. The design was done free hand watching tv. I penciled two rings around about 1/2" apart. The semis were just drawn around and the dots marked with a pencil and drilled. The bowl is 11 1/2" wide and about 7" deep. The outside is a series of about 10 shades of Pearl Ex dichromic colors (blues, gold, mink, purple, violent etc). The color accents were applied with various stiff brushes laid down to 35 degrees and dragged in various directions. Rim is done with a black magic marker. There are numerous coats of clear coat between colors.
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/bbergst/IMG_4619.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/bbergst/IMG_4634.jpg

Roger Chandler
06-19-2011, 8:15 PM
That is a looker! Real WoW factor.....nice job on the piercings!

John Keeton
06-19-2011, 8:28 PM
Bob, you sure can make somethin' fancy out of a bowl!!! Really like the piercing, and the color. Not sold on the brush marks, but they do kind of add some highlights. You do enough variety that there is something for everyone! Your techniques really interesting.

Baxter Smith
06-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Nice job on the piercing. Watching or listening to TV?;):)

Rick Markham
06-20-2011, 12:11 AM
Great show Bob! I really like your piercing style, the colors are great. The base of your bowl is spectacular!

Michelle Rich
06-20-2011, 7:09 AM
love the rim design & color

Tim Rinehart
06-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Nice...I like the piercings and the color. The brush marks add a different look, a good thing I think. I'd say it all works very well.
Again, very nice.

Faust M. Ruggiero
06-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Ditto to all the compliments above but may I say how classy I consider the detail you added at the lowly foot. The beads are a real touch of class to an already special work.
faust

Bob Bergstrom
06-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks everyone. The brush marks were an experiment in always trying something different. The blue was pretty but the brush marks gave it more of a "fiesta" look. I wanted some brighter reds, but Pearl Ex only goes to a Super Russet color which is closer to a bright rusty red. I didn't notice till I posted but the bottom is like looking into a port hole at a late afternoon blue sky.