PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day!!

Richard Jones
06-19-2011, 8:35 AM
Hope all have a great day! This will be my first without my dad, but I have great memories of him so no sadness, just joy to be able to say he was a great guy and a wonderful father.

Life is short, live every moment. Take today and live some memories, or make some new ones.

Rich

John Keeton
06-19-2011, 8:56 AM
To all the fathers - enjoy this day! Richard, the memories will become sweeter as time goes on, and you are right - savor each moment as if it were your last!

Greg Just
06-19-2011, 9:10 AM
Happy Fathers Day to all. Although my dad was not a woodturner, he was a true handyman and DIY'er. I learned much of what I know today from him in being able to complete projects around the house (we both suck at plumbing!). I hope to spend some time in the shop today and with my son. We will be at the AAW Symposium next weekend. My dad passed away 7 years ago and I think about him all the time.

David E Keller
06-19-2011, 9:20 AM
Happy Dad's Day! I feel certain that many of the dads on this forum will be spending a little QT in front of the lathe:D.

Jim Burr
06-19-2011, 9:24 AM
Happy Fathers Day! Kids are letting me rest today as Federal training was yesterday with 6 hours of driving. ZZZzzzzzzzz...

Michael James
06-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Ditto to all. Im remounting the Delta 46-460 to a sturdier and more permanent stand as my gift to myself, consequently allowing more space in the garage...Hmmm what could I put there???:eek::D:):cool: I'll figure something out.
mj

Tim Thiebaut
06-19-2011, 3:05 PM
Happy fathers day everyone, I hope you all get some special time with your kids today. My daughter and I are going to breakfast on friday this week so I am really looking forward to that, have a good day everyone.

Dane Fuller
06-19-2011, 3:22 PM
My Dad could drive anything with a steering wheel but couldn't drive a nail with a nail gun. I learned what little I know about wood working from his Father. They are both gone now and I miss them a lot. But, right now I'm sitting here watching a baseball game with my son and grandson. Life is sweet...