PDA

View Full Version : Stanley #95 Butt Gauge

Jim Koepke
06-18-2011, 9:50 PM
No, it is not the tool you pull out when your loved one asks if this dress makes her butt look big.

The wife and I had to go to Vancouver today and on the way back we decided to stop at one of the Antique shops we like. They probably like us too since we always seem to spend money there.

There was a Stanley #95 Butt Gauge for sale at about $4.75. With the box and with the instructions. So, I decided it was likely not a bad deal.

The instructions have been scanned, because I have one of these with out the instructions and imagine others may be in the same boat.

I have seen a scan of the Stanley "How to Use" the butt gauge available online. It is a bit different than this page, which appears to be from 1944.

I scanned this as a .pdf, but the file was too big to upload. I took a screen shot of the image and uploaded the .png.

If you would prefer the .pdf, send me a PM and I can send it to your email account. It is about a 3.1 Mb file.

jtk

Trevor Walsh
06-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Nice find, I got a minty one in box with instructions and a brochure, in a lot with a bunch of machinist stuff. I didn't understand it at the time, so I kept it on the shelf. Then I got into woodworking and realized what I had. I'm glad I kept it, it looks like it will be very handy for the day I buy an old home and build new doors for it.

Michael Ford
07-22-2011, 6:26 PM
I would appreciate a copy of the page. Please send it to chicagomike@nycap.rr.com.

Thank you!