PDA

View Full Version : Popular ? Woodworking

dennis thompson
06-18-2011, 1:14 PM
Has anyone else looked over the latest issue of Popular Woodworking and wonder what's going on? There's one article on "Tai Chi & Woodworking" and another of a lamp made in the shape of a lightbulb that's about as goofy :rolleyes: a project as I've ever seen.
Dennis

Jerome Hanby
06-18-2011, 2:23 PM
Last few issues I've looked at have struck me the same way. I was buying a news stand copy because folks here just about had me convinced that I should subscribe. Kind of glad i checked out a few issues first...

Chris Kennedy
06-18-2011, 2:36 PM
I let my subscription expire after they switched to the new format. I just found myself getting less and less out of it with each copy.

Chris

Bill Miltner
06-18-2011, 4:46 PM
I have to disagree. Popular Woodworking is the ONLY WW magazine I subscribe to anymore. Do I like every article, of course not, but on balance I get more out of it than any other WW mag. I guess that is why there are so many mags, all with different editorial approaches.

Zach England
06-19-2011, 8:29 AM
At least it wasn't a plan for "simple Adirondack chairs you can build in a day" or "tricks and tips from the router pros".

I like Popular Woodworking, but I like Fine Woodworking more. It's the only magazine that gives any exposure to contemporary design.