PDA

View Full Version : New Oliver Machinery

James Boster
02-11-2005, 1:51 PM
I was just wandering if anyone on here has purchased any of the newer line of Oliver machinery. I am especially interested in the 24" oscillating drum sander. I have had drum sanders in the past and was not impressed, but I beleive the oscillation on this one will make a huge difference. I am not financially ready to jump to a wide belt yet, and I would have to upgrade power to handle one of them. If anyone has any of their newer machinery I would be interested in your opinions of quality, customer support,fit and finish,etc. I am planning on attending the Greensboro show to see one under power and try it out. :confused:

John Shuk
02-11-2005, 5:35 PM
Sascha Gast has the jointer and seems happy with it. From the pictures it looks like a great machine at a good price. I'd hope the sander is a similar "good deal".
John

John Scane
02-12-2005, 2:20 PM
I also own the Oliver 10" jointer. I am very happy with the cut that I get from it. I did have 2 problems with the machine ( one was a bad transformer and the other was a bad cutterhead ) Oliver has fixed both of them on the newer machines. Oliver customer service was excellent! They sent the new parts right away and walked me through fixing them. The jointer is built like a tank. Anyway I hope that helps.

John

Moderator removed signature line which contained a direct link to poster's web site which violates the SMC Terms of Service.

sascha gast
02-12-2005, 8:27 PM
my 10" jointer has been amazing, great product, i also had the transformer issue, but it was taken care of in 2 days. they were nothing but helpful and still the best bang for the buck

sascha

Richard Wolf
02-12-2005, 8:28 PM
What was the cost off that jointer??

sascha gast
02-13-2005, 3:15 AM
$1695 plus $175 shipping plus $325 for custom HTC mobile base

sascha

Richard Wolf
02-13-2005, 8:58 AM
Thanks Sascha!