PDA

View Full Version : Dusted! (Back in the saddle...)

David DeCristoforo
06-17-2011, 9:19 PM
Little time this week for any turning but it was good to let the new paint job and the bed liner cure really well. But finally, there be dust on 'er again! Funny thing... I really like turning on this lathe now but I don't seem to be any better at it! BTW, the tool rests are a vast improvement! That's one thing that really seems to make a significant difference that goes beyond cosmetics.

David E Keller
06-17-2011, 9:20 PM
Congrats, David, on getting her dirty... She looks happier to me. I need to 'upgrade' my tool rests at some point.

Rick Markham
06-17-2011, 9:30 PM
I know my lathe always looks much better with work on it, I think yours does to! I can't wait to see what is going to go on top of that!

Harvey Ghesser
06-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Dust....I'll show ya dust! Even the dog found a nice soft place to rest!

Steve Schlumpf
06-17-2011, 11:26 PM
Glad to see you get in some turning time! Haven't had a chance to turn anything for quite a while now and it is starting to bug me!

Looking forward to seeing the next variation in your series!

Dick Wilson
06-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Harvey, Dust????? That lathe and floor are clean! Ask John Keeton what my floor looks like. ROFL

David DeCristoforo
06-18-2011, 10:15 AM
"...I need to 'upgrade' my tool rests..."

Ahh. That's bad. "Need". If you "need" to, you may never do it. You have to "want" to. I've "needed to" for a long time but I never did. Not until I gussied up my machine and suddenly realized that the rests did not "match"!

"I'll show ya dust..."

Please, you guys... let's not turn this into a contest to see who has the worst looking shop! Here I have gone through a conversion of almost biblical proportions (although I may never have a shop that comes close to the near surgical cleanliness of some who will remain unnamed) and suddenly I am being inundated with pictures of messy shops owned by the scofflaws with whom I was recently associated. I'm trying to go straight now. I'm afraid I may not be strong enough yet in my new conviction to resist the temptation...

Bernie Weishapl
06-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Good to see the lathe is finally back in action. You don't want to see my knee deep chips.

Roger Chandler
06-18-2011, 1:54 PM
[I]"..Please, you guys... l I'm trying to go straight now. I'm afraid I may not be strong enough yet in my new conviction to resist the temptation...

A truly righteous cause David............I am sure you will be blessed in trying to go straight. It is okay to mess them up, but one just has to clean them up as well! Ya' done good! ;):)

charlie knighton
06-18-2011, 5:47 PM
seems the paint has not blinded ya, enjoy