PDA

View Full Version : Does the EZ guide system

Chris Daigh
02-11-2005, 12:54 PM
cut well enough to use as a jointer. If you butt two boards together and cut a little off each board on one pass, would you get a good glue line. I am having trouble jointing 100 inch boards on my little 6 inch jointer and I could see this system helping me in many other ways. But would love to be able to joint long boards also. I have read many of the treads but have not seen this covered.

Jeff Sudmeier
02-11-2005, 1:13 PM
According to their website, yes, it does, but I have never tried it, so I can not offer real world results. I would think that will a high quality saw, it would produce a good glue line.

JayStPeter
02-11-2005, 1:13 PM
It should. The technique you mention should allow you to use just about any guide to accomplish a glueable joint. I would think the EZ would help with tearout though.

Jay

Jim Becker
02-11-2005, 1:17 PM
As long as you have everything clamped down securely so NOTHING moves, yes, it is a great way to make a mating edge. Obvously, you want to do this with the two boards you plan on gluing together so than any minor variences are mirrored and this includes blade angle to the saw base.

Glenn Clabo
02-11-2005, 1:26 PM
I have only tried it with 6' boards as a test but yes...if the saw blade is perfectly square to the bottom plate you can also cut one board at a time with a good glue line as a result.