PDA

View Full Version : My Gloat of the Day

Jim Heikes
06-17-2011, 10:17 AM
I just finished a 3 day turning course with Jimmy Clewes in Las Vegas. Words cannot express the exceptional teaching skills that Jimmy has. It was a pleasure to spend three days with him. The same can be said for his mate Mary. She is a great person and a fine chef. And the weather was wonderful........>100 degrees every day (I do like warmer climates!!!!)..................................... .....A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE..............:):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D:):):) :):)

Tim Rinehart
06-17-2011, 10:40 AM
If you don't post the pics of the pieces he had you make...it didn't happen!! I had him sign my lathe after giving me some personal attention (desperately needed:p) during a club event last year when we had him for three days. I picked up some very valuable lessons ...but don't expect me to turn a goblet without a tailstock or steady...that's JUST CRAZY!!:eek:

Harvey Ghesser
06-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Congratulations, Jim!

That is indeed time well spent. Learning from a master really helps and increases our enjoyment of this amazing craft!

David E Keller
06-17-2011, 9:14 PM
Congrats on time well spent. I've done the course at Jimmy's house, and I agree with everything you said.

Bernie Weishapl
06-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Congrats. Sounds like you had a great time.

Steve Schlumpf
06-17-2011, 11:32 PM
Congrats on attending the class - sure sounds like it would be a lot of fun! I hope you took some photos to share with everyone!