PDA

View Full Version : WHO"S THAT MAN ? Woodturning Design

Harry Robinette
06-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Wow Who's that man in Woodturning Design. Very good article,really enjoyed it.

John Keeton
06-17-2011, 7:48 AM
Have not yet received my copy, but I have been impatiently waiting on this after hearing that S_____ H______r may have an article in this next issue!!

Scott Hackler
06-17-2011, 9:22 AM
Harry, which issue are you refering to?? I picked the latest issue back up and scanned through it looking for "Who's that man" or something like it and couldn't find the article. John, your jumping the gun. The next issue isn't due out on the stands until July 5th AND we have at least one more Creeker making an appearance as a How To author (Mike Peace with his scoops)! :)

Harry Robinette
06-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Scott it's you and your candle sticks,I got my copy yesterday at Woodcraft.Like I said really nice article.

Scott Hackler
06-18-2011, 12:44 AM
..... hmmmmm....someone's going to Barnes and Noble tomorrow! This is really early (according to what I was told!). :)

Tim Thiebaut
06-18-2011, 12:55 AM
..... hmmmmm....someone's going to Barnes and Noble tomorrow! This is really early (according to what I was told!). :)

Barnes and Nobles carrys this mag? If so I will be going to pick up a copy, would like to see what the mag is like, and read Scotts article to.

Rick Markham
06-18-2011, 1:53 AM
Woodturning design is one of my favorite mags... I need a subscription, but now that this one is out, I'm going to the bookstore tomorrow! Can't wait to read your article Scott!

joel nucifore
06-18-2011, 7:29 AM
Went to barnes and noble yesterday NOT out yet atleast by me.......

Tim Thiebaut
06-18-2011, 11:45 AM
I just called the one by my house and they do carry the mag but only have the April one on the shelf at this time. I still think I will go pick up this one anyway, be nice to see what its about.

Bernie Weishapl
06-18-2011, 1:13 PM
Yep Scott you did good. Congrats on the article.

Scott Hackler
06-18-2011, 6:21 PM
Well I feel shorted! I stopped by the Barnes and Nobel after our club meeting and they only had the last issue. :( I guess some parts of the country are getting it on the stands a little quicker. Patience makes the heart.... oh who am I kiddin' I want my copy (x5)!

Jeff Nicol
06-21-2011, 1:17 AM
So how do all you talented turners get your 15 seconds of fame in a nationally known magazine? Do you have to know someone or just send in an article for them to look over? I may have one or 2 "Bright" ideas worthy of such exsposure!

Jeff

Scott Hackler
06-21-2011, 9:26 AM
Jeff, I dont know how it has worked for everyone... but I was solicited by the editor and fellow Creeker Joe Herrmann. This article was written almost a year ago, so it can take some time.

Tim Thiebaut
06-21-2011, 11:52 AM
I am going to my Barnes & Nobles in just a few minutes, I am hoping the new one is in by now....

Scott Hackler
06-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Let us know Tim. They didnt have it on Saturday, in Wichita.

Tim Thiebaut
06-21-2011, 1:10 PM
Sorry Scott all they had was the June Issue #31..now I am very happy to get this one as Michelle Rich is in it, but I also was excited to see yours....I will check once a week down there until I get one with you in it, sorry it wasnt there yet.

Scott Hackler
06-21-2011, 1:35 PM
Thanks for checking. That issue you got does have a nice write up on Michelle.

Jeff Nicol
06-21-2011, 5:34 PM
I have not got mine yet in the mail, but I have about 6 years worth now for future inspiration! I guess I will have to post some of my new and super turnings that have not been shared with the public, maybe then I will get noticed! I am so glad that many are getting rewarded for their craft, congrats to all!

Jeff

Bob Varney
06-21-2011, 5:48 PM
Picked up a copy yesterday at Woodcraft they seem to be the early bird on this one.

Congrats on the articles to both of you.

Bob

Tim Thiebaut
06-21-2011, 6:21 PM
I just noticed on the copy I picked up this morning it says "Display until 7/5/11", so if the company that stocks the shelves of mags at Barnes & Nobles goes by the book it may be a while before the new copy is up. The lady at the store this morning told me its an independant company that stocks their mags for them.

John Hart
06-21-2011, 7:27 PM
Hmmm...I'm thinking that maybe they'll publish my Hard Drive Motor Lazy Susan design. Hmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll drive over to Joe Hermann's house and leave it in his mailbox.

I'm gonna be famous just like y'all!!! :)

Michael James
06-21-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm gonna be famous just like y'all!!! :)
Methinks that would be infamous or notorious...depending on who you ask. :D

If you're ready to take your lacquer act on the road, I'll bet I could get you some sponsorship for a small piece of the action. :cool:

Congrats to all the celebrities. Enjoy - 15 mins goes by rather quickly!

Mike Peace
06-23-2011, 5:30 PM
Scott, I got a USPS Priority mail package today with two copies. Congrats on your great article on the candle sticks. I plan to turn some.