PDA

View Full Version : Layered picture by gluing together transparancies?

Stephen Tashiro
06-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Does anyone know if it is possible to create a painting with a layered effect by painting on sheets of the material that is used for overhead projector transparencies and gluing the sheets in a stack on top of each other? What kind of glue could be used that would let the bottom sheets show through? Or would one have to glue the sheets only at the edges?

Bryan Morgan
06-16-2011, 12:51 AM
Does anyone know if it is possible to create a painting with a layered effect by painting on sheets of the material that is used for overhead projector transparencies and gluing the sheets in a stack on top of each other? What kind of glue could be used that would let the bottom sheets show through? Or would one have to glue the sheets only at the edges?

I've seen it done, on music CD's and in shadow box type frames. I think you'd want to match your glue to your substrate. Some clear solvent type glues will dissolve the transparency material. We use some big versions of that stuff at work and they use a spray glue by 3M, at least thats what I've seen them use. Otherwise they use an industrial grade double stick tape, I'm not sure who makes it. Oce or Azon or someone...