PDA

View Full Version : Laser error 131 with Trotec Speedy 300 laser

Robert Chuvala
06-15-2011, 9:19 PM
It seems any time I try to duplicate a job across the engraving bed (either by making it a single job in Corel, or duplicating the job within job control) I get an error 131 (Firmware error code "Tracking error on x-axis"
I have updated the firmware, but I still get the error. Has anyone run into this. Additionally, do any Trotec owners have a troubleshooting manual? The error codes in this one are awful generic.

Thanks!

Mike Null
06-15-2011, 9:49 PM
Why not give Trotec a call in the morning. They can help you out. I don't recall seeing that error--I've had a couple where I had to reboot the laser.

Sean Bullock
07-11-2013, 1:21 PM
I thought I would post my experience here with LASER ERROR 131. Perhaps this will help someone in the future.

This is a firmware issue. Probably. Trotec said it could be a number of issues from a bad X axis motor to a faulty board, or something like that. I chose to believe my issue was going to be the cheapest and quickest, firmware update. (By the way, with the laser off I was able to move the laser head left and right without noticing any excessive resistance, which would have been an indication that there was a mechanical issue.)

However, nothing is ever simple for me. Especially when I am being rushed on one of my biggest projects of the year, so far. I did not only have that one error message. As I turned the laser off and on again I also got LASER ERROR 134, 135, and 139. All of which, I believe, indicate an issue with the X Axis. This happened over a period of several hours as I started the laser again and again and rebooted the computer. Vein attempts with the hope that somehow this would miraculously resolve itself.

It turns out that there were two loose wires that became dislodged (either on their own or from my fumbling around where I had no business) from the white connector attached to the second board that runs the X axis motor. After repairing the damage everything seems to be working again.

The first thing I would do with this error 131 message is update the firmware. If that doesn't work, just DELICATELY see if any wires are loose. These are ideal issues to have when the alternative is $800+ for a new motor.