PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshoot my 15" open end grizzly sander - need help

Craig D Peltier
06-15-2011, 1:52 PM
I have the G9983 which is Grizzlys 15" open ended sander 5hp.
The top of the head that oscillates wont oscillate. I have checked pressure on air compressor. I have pulled all hoses to make sure air is flowing. I havent adjusted any valves that would of caused it to go out of balance.

What I do know is - yesterday I opened both doors and blew it out.
Today was putting different grit in, slipped belt over the eye fork instead of in between it, started machine. It tore a 2 inch strip right off the paper. Theres a plastic inlet there that attaches to eye fork that has small scratch into it but I doubt its that, theres nothing preventing it from flowing. Plus I have pulled the hoses there.
The book says to cover your finger over the eye hook and the heads should move back to one side , it doesnt. This is a step to adjust a valve. When I take off one of the hoses not on the eye hook the head does move.
I have a call into grizzly. The guy I spoke with wasnt familiar with the machine. He says soemone will call back. He was wondering if it was the diaphram.
The head does move up and down to tighten belt with air.
I took side panel off to and checked inlet in there and it wasnt clogged.

Ed Hazel
06-15-2011, 2:06 PM
I assume that you tried to adjust the oscillating valve? I know I have to readjust mine from time to time?

Craig D Peltier
06-15-2011, 4:30 PM
After 2 hours, I found that the belt had chewed into the eye hook/valve that when airflow is broken it makes the head correct itself. I took it off, taped up the hole ( its plastic low pressure), then ordered up a new part. It works good so far.

Thanks