PDA

View Full Version : What Every Woodworker Needs...

Jason Tuinstra
02-11-2005, 1:30 AM
A Bentley. Duhh! :p

I just got back from the Chicago Auto Show. Tonight was a black tie "pre-show" charity event. I didn't think I was going to be doing much thinking about woodworking, but then I came to the Bentley booth. Wow!!! I think the Bentley is the perfect blend of horsepower (0-60 in five something - not bad for a luxery car) and fine furniture. The burl maple was incredible. Most of the shots are of the Arnage R, the other is of a Bentley convertable, I didn't get the model, which had maple burl and maple inlay. And for the mid $200's this too can be yours. Do I need to say that I have no affiliation or can we just presume this? :)

Anyway, I thought I'd snap some shots and give you a look if you haven't seen it before. One fine car with some very fine woodwork.

Alan Turner
02-11-2005, 5:05 AM
Given that this is a Bently, I am assuming that this burl is not a "mere" veneer, but rather carved from solid burl blocks. (:
Alan

Arnie Grammon
02-11-2005, 6:11 AM
Hey Jason.....

Last time I checked in, you were headed for California. Still happening?

Great pictures. Truly works of art.

God Bless

Arnie

Mark Blumer
02-11-2005, 6:37 AM
Ya know, I really hate it when I park for just a second to run into a store and people start getting in to my car and taking pictures. It happens all the time....I'm going to have to start locking the doors even when I will only be a moment...

Mark Blumer (East Lansing, MI)

Jeff Sudmeier
02-11-2005, 7:52 AM
Heck I'd be locking the doors so that someone like me doesn't steal the wood out of it! Simply marvelous!

Jason Tuinstra
02-11-2005, 9:09 AM
Arnie: Yep, we're still heading to California. Our home has been on the market for about a month now. While we've had tons of people through our home, we still haven't had an offer. It's all in the Lord's timing so we keep plugging away at our work here.

Alan: I bet your right. That mean's the woodwork alone is some serious coin.

Mark, a.k.a. "aggrieved owner": Sorry 'bout that. I'll get it back to you with a full tank of gas. :D

Kelly C. Hanna
02-11-2005, 9:10 AM
Wow, that's gorgeous! I sure would like to see how they build the dash and door panels.

Frank Pellow
02-12-2005, 4:19 AM
Given that this is a Bently, I am assuming that this burl is not a "mere" veneer, but rather carved from solid burl blocks. (:
Alan
It would be interesting to know whether or not this is a valid assumption.

Dan McLaughlin
02-12-2005, 7:48 AM
It is veneer. A prospective owner would have his choice of veneers.

http://www.bentleymotors.com

Frank Pellow
02-12-2005, 7:53 AM
It is veneer. A prospective owner would have his choice of veneers.

http://www.bentleymotors.com
OK, now we know that the assumption was wrong. :( I guess that I will have to cancel my Bently order. ;)

Jerry Clark
02-12-2005, 11:35 AM
I could never have one of those cars-- Might get sawdust on it!:rolleyes:

Steve Stube
02-12-2005, 1:15 PM
Ahhh, to be mobile and surrounded by wood. Soap box Derby and that "last" ride should the Lord tarry.