PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman C3 Tools....run on Li-on & Ni-Cad batts??

George Farra
06-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Hi all

I recently picked up a C3 drill driver & circ saw Li-on combo at sears. came with 1 battery. my local stores dont seem to carry lithium ion batteries. Will these tools run on Ni-cad C3 batteries?

I'm in a bind and need an extra battery tomorrow to get a small job done. my local sears has the ni-cads for $25 a pop.

Thoughts?

Thanks

George

Ken Fitzgerald
06-14-2011, 11:27 PM
What does the owner's manual say?

Kevin W Johnson
06-15-2011, 2:11 AM
Li-ion or NiCad, the tool itself doesn't care. The only thing you have to watch is if the charger is multi-chemistry or not. Since you bought the Li-ion combo, it should be. Just check the manual, or it should say right on the charger.

Billy Trinh
06-15-2011, 2:25 AM
C3 Nicad will work with the set you bought. c3 li-ion charger can charge nicad battery, otoh c3 nicad charger cannot charge c3 li-on battery

scott spencer
06-15-2011, 3:34 AM
I've got the 19.2v Ni-cads with my C3 impact driver and drill. While I typically prefer Li-Ion over Ni-Cad, I can say that the C3 Ni-Cads have been strong running and hold charge fairly well (3-4 years old and still running strong).

George Farra
06-15-2011, 10:38 AM
What does the owner's manual say?

That would be too easy, Ken :) It was an open box purchase, no manual included. I spent some time last night searching the internet but all i kept downloading from Sears was the Ni-Cad manual.

I bought the combo for $60....is that a gloat too!

Thanks

George