PDA

View Full Version : To Do in St Paul

Paul Williams
06-14-2011, 3:33 PM
A few days ago John K. posted (The Gold Within) an egg inspired by a Cindy Drozda piece that started several good discussions. This noon I was in St Paul with a few minutes to kill before a meeting and stopped in at the AAW office in the Landmark Center. Cindy's egg is on display in their permanent display. I will admit that the egg itself didn't do a lot for me, but I was amazed by the detail and the thinness of the top of the finial.

The display at the AAW office is well worth the time and I encourage you to take the easy walk across Rice Park to the Landmark Center to see it. Several old and new wooden lathes are included in the display as well as a wide variety of turnings.

Tim Thiebaut
06-14-2011, 6:09 PM
Man I really wish I could go to this, sounds like you all are going to have a good time.

Scott Hackler
06-14-2011, 7:09 PM
That sounds cool Paul. I will check it out if time allows. Along with the AAW stuff, we are going to see the King Tut display at the museum and I promised my wife that we would check out the Mall of America (even though I hate malls). I just hope to hit 3-4 demos in the middle as well. I can't wait. :)

Paul Williams
06-14-2011, 7:12 PM
I didn't check with the AAW, but most events run shuttle service to the mall of america. So you can just decide if the credit cards go to the AAW vendor area or to the Mall and both be on your way.