PDA

View Full Version : Help! Jet mini switch broke

keith zimmerman
02-10-2005, 9:33 PM
The on/off switch on my Jet Mini VS just broke on me. Anyone have this experience? I took the VS control box apart and, looking at the switch, it appears to be a simple two-pole switch that is easily replaceable. Can anyone verify this?

Anyone know the part number for this switch if I wind up having to order one?

Thanks in advance.

keithz

Stefan Antwarg
02-10-2005, 10:57 PM
My experience calling Jet was immediate response and results. Give them a call - I bet they can help.

Stefan

Randy Meijer
02-11-2005, 4:39 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if you found something that would work down at your local Radio Shack store??? Just be sure you get a switch with the correct electrical rating. I' m sure Jet will take care of you; but you might be out of business for a week while they get a part to you.

Unless it is under warranty, the Jet switch will probably cost you $20 while one from RS will be $3,95.

Ed Scolforo
02-11-2005, 3:12 PM
Keith: I replaced mine awhile back. I think it costed about $25. I have the non vs model but they probably use the same switch. When you call you can verify. Try WMH Tool Group 800 274-6846 The safety switch is part # JML65.

Good luck. Ed

keith zimmerman
02-14-2005, 1:05 PM
I just called JET and they are sending me a new switch. It was still under warranty, so there is no charge. Should receive it late this week or early next week.

keithz

sascha gast
02-14-2005, 1:44 PM
i used to have a jet mini vs, the switch broke 2 times and they sent replacement. seems to be a problem with the mini, so i sold it and got a nova DVR.
no more worries now

sascha

Scott Bleasdell
08-08-2007, 3:19 PM
I just called the Jet tech support number listed in this thread and a gentleman named David agreed to send me a new switch free of charge. I love working with WMH. This is the second time I have had an issue with one of thier machines and they made it right right away without any hastle at all.

Patrick Taylor
08-08-2007, 3:58 PM
I'm on my third switch since I got my mini in december. It's definitely a design flaw. WMH always is friendly and sends replacements. I think it gets too jammed up with dust and the seal is not very good. I think the delta design is smart to have the switch up high instead of sitting in the shavings. Hit it with your compressor when you clean your lathe and that will help.